XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Cleaned the XFR good!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts
Default Cleaned the XFR good!

Unbolted the front seat to vacuum under and lube the seat tracks,

The passenger under seat vent was left disconnected by the dealer, I believe the tire pressure monitoring computer is mounted under it. Unbolting the seat made the repair much easier.

$11.99 Harbor Freight soap sprayers work so well I bought 2. The orange mitt is the new clay bar replacement, if you really want a good surface to apply wax to, this is what you need.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Me too Will!
Cleaned the XFR good today that is.
Took me 7 hours, and I didn't even remove the front seats.
I'm taking it to a "we buy your car" place tomorrow for a pre-sale inspection, I've been forced to go for this last resort because I've gotten nowhere fast with my for sale listing on Carsales.com.au, not a single genuine enquiry in over 5 months despite constantly dropping the price so now it's at stupid cheap.
The poor old thing has been parked out on the street for the last 5 months, getting covered in crud, bird poop, rain, dust, you name it.
But thanks to having looked after it beforehand with proper cleaning, polishing, sealants and waxes, it came up a treat.
All the crud washed off easily with a single application of snow foam, then it was rinse, dry, wipe down, clay bar all over (including all the glass) then wax all over. Then vacuum the inside, clean and treat all the leather, clean all the glass/plastics/rubber/metal, clean the engine bay, 303 Aerospace all the plastic & rubber inside and out, fully charge the battery, reset the service indicator, pump up the tyres, apply tyre shine, and probably a few more things I forgot.
I'm knackered!

Old 02-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Yep, taking care when you can makes it much easier to clean when you haven't.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quick update (sorry about the thread hijack Will!).
Took the XFR in for appraisal/valuation, they loved it, but they couldn't/wouldn't give me a price.
Turns out they (who are the biggest car auction house in Oz) have never seen or bought or sold an XFR before, not one ever!
It's simply not in their database, instead they incorrectly show it in their database as an SV8 (the MY2008 only 4.2 SC V8 precursor to the XFR).
So they said they will do some research and call me back later today.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 312 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Quick update (sorry about the thread hijack Will!).
Took the XFR in for appraisal/valuation, they loved it, but they couldn't/wouldn't give me a price.
Turns out they (who are the biggest car auction house in Oz) have never seen or bought or sold an XFR before, not one ever!
It's simply not in their database, instead they incorrectly show it in their database as an SV8 (the MY2008 only 4.2 SC V8 precursor to the XFR).
So they said they will do some research and call me back later today.
The whole thing really stinks for you.

Selling used Jags is not easy here in the states either. Many of the people that buy Jags are the types that want to work with dealers. They usually don't know enough about cars to feel comfortable with evaluating a private sale, and they want the services of financing and car prep, etc.

Last time I sold a used one, I had to keep dropping the price too, and the first guy that saw it, bought it on the spot because he said it was 10 times better than anything he saw on dealer lots.

Just shows how Jag buyers prefer dealers.

What about selling it on consignment at a dealer?

The following users liked this post:
OzXFR (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 08:17 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I sold my original 2010 XF to CarMax as they offered me $2K more than the very Jaguar dealer I bought it from. I used that $ to buy my XFR.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

Final update (and end of thread hijack!).
The auction house called me back a little while ago and apologised that they could only offer me a stupid low buy price, and I mean ridiculously low. So I might now consider the suggestion by lotusespritse of selling it on consignment through the local dealership.