XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Comfort suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 671 Posts
Default Comfort suspension?

Years ago after a back injury, I bought an X308 because it had a compliant ride quality and wasn't too big like a Town Car. I've driven it years longer than originally planned and its overdue to upgrade. Good experience so I would like to stay with Jaguar. Test drove a couple of used XFs, a portfolio with 19" and a base with 18" wheels. Tho there's nothing late model to compare to the old X308, there are smoother riding cars available, unfortunately more common/less appealing cars, but smoother.

Has anyone actual experience with the Spires All Passive Comfort Suspension kit? Or has anyone made other upgrades (downgrades depending on your perspective) for the purpose of recapturing a classic Jaguar ride quality?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by pdupler
... has anyone made other upgrades (downgrades depending on your perspective) for the purpose of recapturing a classic Jaguar ride quality?
Here's what I did to my X260.... insisted on 18" wheels (downgrade from 19"), Adaptive Suspension, and 35 psi in tires. Not your "classic" Jag saloon ride but to my liking. Still corners/handles well without body roll. Road noise kept to a minimum. Road imperfections not very noticeable. There's been some posts about people missing the "old magic carpet" ride but for the most part the 'new' feel is preferred.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 671 Posts

Found a few reviews on other forums and consensus seems to be that the ride as modified is far better but still nowhere near the comfort of the X308. But the very good news is that I spoke with Matt at Spires and he was very patient indulging a lot of questions. If anyone else is interested, he told me to go drive the previous base S-type x200 as that would be very close.