XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Countdown --- Velocity AP Tune arrival

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Yep, as stmcknig says, lots of codes generated by loading the tune, that's normal, and as a result you get the CEL / MIL coming on. I cleared them all using my iCarsoft i930, hey presto the CEL went away (and yes, sorry to say, I worked for the ATO, the Oz equivalent of the IRS, but hey we're not all bad!).

Old 02-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the code clearing instrument. Will look into finding one for myself.

So, I am a surfer on my time off. I have to say, you Aussie boys have got some *****...just watched a video of a white shark following surfers in during a wave.

And the size of your spiders !!! Holy **** !!!

I bet that is how you get people to pay up right....threaten to throw them in the water ..or bring a box of funnel spiders to their homes...hahahaha....what is the tax rate over there for under 250K? With the way things are going here in the states under the current administration, the leggy blonde is emergency planning for the eventual deportation of all foreign people from the U.S.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-25-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

And don't freak out when the CEL comes back when you upload the mod file...

Old 02-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by stmcknig
And don't freak out when the CEL comes back when you upload the mod file...
are you kidding? Ok..I may need to rethink that code scanner

Old 02-25-2017, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member

Yep, all the codes you thought had gone away will come back again!
A small price to pay for the VAP tune.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

lol...I don't think I will like driving around with my dash lit up with codes all the time !!! Not acceptable...luckily, Stu offered to sell me his iCar code reader, so I think I will take him up on that.

One another note.....The leggy blonde has embarked on her first long voyage in the car since having the Varex Exhaust installed. Even though to us, the sound makes us giggle, the response was not so positive from her. So....I am forced to actually activate the "closed" functionality of the exhaust..which is what makes it so freaking great!!!!

Long story short..I need help.

Red Oval -- 10amp (manual does not say what it is for and has nothing listed under it)<br/><br/>Yellow Oval -- 10amp (same as above)<br/><br/>Light Blue Oval --All 10amp, bottom one is TPMS, middle one is GSM, CMM (whatever the hell that is), top one is Navigation...RED BOX is where I plan to ground.

OK...Ideas and/or suggestions ????

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-26-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
lol
Also, it takes a few days to get the car to adapt to the tune. Don't expect to have full performance for a few days. I was disappointed initially when I first got my tune and had to be patient while the car was adjusting to the different perimeters. WOT runs help to make the process go faster.

The following users liked this post:
Cherry_560sel (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

Actually...i am off on the fuse descriptor above...the blue oval contains Fuse 34, 35, 36

Fuse 34 = GSM, CMM
Fuse 35 = PCV, W2A
Fuse 36 = blank, but mine has a fuse in it for some reason ???

Old 02-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

Tune file has arrived!!!! Teehehehehe....Trying to get the leggy blonde out of this dinner party so I can get home and load it up!!!!

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-26-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Ok..tune uploaded with no issues. Took the car out for a few WOT runs on the toll roads.

Life is better at 150.

The throttle response is soooo much better. Can;t wait for the rest of the tune to take hold.

During the upload, towards the end, there was loud thud that came from the engine bay. Like a flap quickly dropped or opened. What the hell was that ???

Old 02-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member

I don't recall any thud(s) when I uploaded my tune, just the usual assortment of clicks and whirrs you get from pretty much any JLR electrical system.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

Just got bitch slapped by an Audi RS7..it was a while before he was able to overtake me.

Started raining. Time to go home and lick my wounded pride.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

btw...this was the fastest that I have ever gone on four wheels. It was pretty fun !! First impressions are positive. The car is way more responsive off the line, which is what I was looking for. Totally worth the coin I spent on the tune just to be able to take the Jag past the 120 mark ...

...tomorrow I will be posting video on the XE side of some WOT runs to show off the bad-*** sound from the exhaust (promised those dudes a while back).....

...bottom line...this car is freaking FUN to drive now!!! (Just need to stay away from those 605 HP Audi's)

Old 02-26-2017, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I don't recall any thud(s) when I uploaded my tune, just the usual assortment of clicks and whirrs you get from pretty much any JLR electrical system.
I think towards the end of the tune upload it seemed the whole system did a reboot and during that time I heard some "flapping" - maybe the throttle body was recalibrating or something. Unless you saw something sitting on the ground after you pulled away, I wouldn't worry too much ;-)

Old 02-26-2017, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
btw...this was the fastest that I have ever gone on four wheels. It was pretty fun !! First impressions are positive. The car is way more responsive off the line, which is what I was looking for. Totally worth the coin I spent on the tune just to be able to take the Jag past the 120 mark ...

...tomorrow I will be posting video on the XE side of some WOT runs to show off the bad-*** sound from the exhaust (promised those dudes a while back).....

...bottom line...this car is freaking FUN to drive now!!! (Just need to stay away from those 605 HP Audi's)
Don't forget the Audi has AWD in addition to the extra ponies. But for me the tune is more about improving the responsiveness and the driving experience for ME. I can't be arsed to play silly b*ggers with the race me crowd ;-)

Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

Don't forget the Audi has AWD in addition to the extra ponies. But for me the tune is more about improving the responsiveness and the driving experience for ME. I can't be arsed to play silly b*ggers with the race me crowd ;-)
I feel the same. I like my Jag and I am happier with the way it performs now. I was really anxious about the tune because I thought it would make the car undriveable (spinning the wheels after every stop, or loosing control during a launch) It is totally not the case. The tune will probably do alot, but the most important enhancements for me is the improved responsiveness and greater low end torque. The sound that is coming out of the pipes is sweetened up a little bit, but not much of a difference over what it was before the tune. I hear the supercharger ALOT more now. It turned from a whine to a howl!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member

I think towards the end of the tune upload it seemed the whole system did a reboot and during that time I heard some "flapping" - maybe the throttle body was recalibrating or something. Unless you saw something sitting on the ground after you pulled away, I wouldn't worry too much ;-)
i bet that is what it was. Yes. Lots of whizzing and buzzing happened. It would have been fun if I had know about all of it, but during the upload all I kept thinking was "for the love of god, please don't brick the ECU!!"

Old 02-27-2017, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

A few years before I got my Jag I bought a Land Rover LR3 and worked with some smart people who produced similar "flashing" tools. From what I remember, the module bootloaders are pretty robust so in many cases, just re-attempting the flash would generally get you back up and working as long as the code you were flashing was appropriate for the hardware version you were trying to load it on. In the Land Rover you would hear the door locks opening and closing on some flash reboots so the Jaguar reboot sounds seemed quite tame in comparison but I agree it might be nice of them to add a small towel with "Don't Panic" neatly embroidered in one corner...

Old 02-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Hehehe, on some cars the windscreen wipers move up & down and the horn gives a blast during the reflash process, the thud at the end of the PCM update is minor in comparison.

Nothing like a horn blasting in an enclosed garage while you're working on expensive metal.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

Hey ..so any suggestions on my previous post about the fuse location for the varex exhaust?

I would like to get it hooked up and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Countdown --- Velocity AP Tune arrival