XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jaguar XF daytime running lights

I found these good looking daytime running lights for my XF.. For some reason I cannot find a price and if I do, the prices seem unreasonable.. Did anybody attempt to put these on their XF? Check out the link below.. They look good in my opinion..
Google Image Result for http://www.impulsecar.co.uk/services/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_0869-2-Copy.jpg

The following users liked this post:
bollocsk187 (09-09-2014)
Old 09-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dayzel108
I found these good looking daytime running lights for my XF.. For some reason I cannot find a price and if I do, the prices seem unreasonable.. Did anybody attempt to put these on their XF? Check out the link below.. They look good in my opinion..
Google Image Result for http://www.impulsecar.co.uk/services/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_0869-2-Copy.jpg
A few of us here on the forum have these on our cars. They are for MY2009-2011. Yes they are expensive. Expect to pay in the $600+ range, however I feel they are worth it because I feel the XF is missing something with the faux chrome blades that serve absolutely no purpose. It also helps offset the sometimes Buick look of the XF. IMO of coarse. They require bumper removal for installation. PM me if you want more info.

bollocsk187 (09-09-2014)
Old 09-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drl

Originally Posted by Dayzel108
I was also very interested in this so I went to the web site and inquired about the DRL and this is the reply I got.

The XF DRLs are currently out of production with no restock date. The cost was £399.00.
Regards

Bob Griffiths

Impulse Trading Limited, 447 St Albans Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6PR, United Kingdom
Tel: 01923 231 358 Fax: 01923 232 640

Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM

I've actually been searching these up and found some matches in a somewhat better price range than what you guys have found. I can obtain these LED lights for $450 excluding shipping costs. The product is as qouted "high quality" and to be quiet honest, I think jaguny is right, lol.. The look of the Jag will be distinguished from others. If anyone needs these LEDs, I can order a couple of pairs and send them out to anyone in need.

NuJagLuvr (07-30-2014)
Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Any photos to see what this one looks like? And any idea of cost to fit - sounds like bumper removal so not quick...

Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 AM

The photos are in the picture that I have attached in the first post. Here is an additional link.

BritCars (09-24-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 10:12 AM

Iam planning on performing the bumper removal on my own (if needed). I have no idea why the bumper must be removed.. All that seems to be removed are the chrome strips and nothing else. I doubt that the bumper needs to be removed.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 AM

This has been discussed at length on another thread awhile back. I've posted the link below. If one feels that you don't need to remove the bumper to install these, than who am I to argue? I've actually installed these. Not sure which XF you have Dayz, but if it's an SC, there is actual functioning duct work behind those grills that you have to deal with, as well as where you have to tuck the wiring. Keep us informed with your install. I'd like to know how it goes for you.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-one-us-69594/

Dayzel108 (09-22-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 PM

Yea, I want to try working without uninstalling the bumper. In worse case scenario, If its a MUST, I will remove the bumper. No, I do not have a SC. Have an premium lux Jagster so hopefully I will cross my fingers and attempt to get my hands on these lights. How long have these LEDs been on your vehicle Tboonie? Are they working fine with no issues?

Old 09-23-2013, 01:08 PM

Dayz,

I haven't had any issues with the DRL's at all. On the rare occassion that I run into another XF owner, one of the first things that they ask me about are the DRL's. As far as bumper removal, I would wager that you can remove the bumper (about 15 minutes time) a lot faster than you could find a work around. When you do get around to having to remove the bumper, you don't have to remove the screws for the large pan that is attached. The pan will come off with the bumper. That will save you a step. Be careful with the parking sensor plug because it's very thin and you don't want to yank it off. Also keep the headlight washer hose elevated so that fluid doesn't drain everywhere. The clips that are holding the current grills in place will be needed to attach the new grills (if I'm remembering correctly). There are also specific areas inside the bumper to run the wires and hold the modules. As I've said, keep us posted.

Last edited by ttboonie; 09-23-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 AM

Well, I've hit rock bottom. I didnt want to keep anyone on hold waiting for updates on how the LED lights were coming along.. I decided not to go through with the LED lighting for two reasons.. First, I had my car's software updated yesterday and the Jaguar tech stated that his computer showed that the LEDs on the plate number's that I've installed show a fault. I asked if that was an issue, and he said no but its best not to add more LEDs onto the vehicle as it could effect the electronics of the car. Second, I have no time to actually perform this experiment. Lately, I've been swamped with work so attempting this would just be an epic fail! Thank you guys for the advice on the lighting.

bollocsk187 (09-09-2014)
Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Ish
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

What does it take electrically to hook up these lights? Wire splice, plug? Any drilling involved? Would very much like to add these lights since I've already made the switch to LED for other lights in the front.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

Although these are different, I thought I'd post a few pix of my Philips DRL8's. I originally put them more towards the center, but moved them out when I had to install my Laser Interceptors in that same space. Sorry for the crap photo quality. I can't remember if I ever posted wiring instructions on here, but it was really simple. I even put a set of the same DRLs onto my Range Rover Sport Supercharged (I also swapped out the yellowish fog lights for some whiter versions). They've been great and I highly recommend the Philips DRL8's.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XF daytime running lights-2013-02-05-05.24.44.jpg   Jaguar XF daytime running lights-2013-08-25-19.45.41cropped.jpg   Jaguar XF daytime running lights-2013-04-19-09.26.47.jpg  
bollocsk187 (09-05-2014)
Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I second the Philips for DRLs......very bright and seem reliable (several months now) since I added the "four configuration" instead of the "eight one".......and I floated them to line up with the chrome blades (placed them in the center grill) The dealership was impressed as these same leds are used for daylights on the Range Rovers as an option. BTW....these LEDs don't effect the electronic drain at all and I have fewer "low battery warning"s on the center screen since I installed these....go figure.

Last edited by chuckh007; 10-01-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed the 2010 XF LED DRL last weekend! Wow, what a difference. I first took them to a local jaguar mechanic but he was not able to install because it was too difficult for him. I then decided to use my knowledge and just did it myself with the help of my wife of course .

You do have to remove the bumper and adapt the new part to the bumper (create a small grille to hold the light in place and use clamps to hold them - home depot has the parts - LOL).

You wire the red wire to the empty slot in the engine fuse box and black to ground (you have to buy the part that goes into the fuse slot that attaches to your wire to install it). They turn on when car is on and turn off when not on.

You can get the part from EBAY - no endorsement intended.

2X LED DRL Driving Daytime Running Day Fog Lamp Light for Jaguar XF 2008 2010 | eBay

Old 03-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Thanks for the update - I've been looking at these for my car - also a 2010 XF SC. Couple of questions:
1) What is the quality like? I've been holding off buying as expensive for something unseen shipped from China. Are they a known brand LED, and does the blade, wiring etc seem decent quality?
2) Can you say a bit more about installation? Particularly adapting the new part to the grille and the clamps? I thought they were a direct replacement for the chrome blades already in the Jag bumper
3) Any issues with the grilles? I understand they are an active air intake on the SC models - any tricks or issues, or didn't that matter?

Thanks!

Jaguilar (04-08-2014)
Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up Details of DRL LED Install for 2010 XF SC

Hello BritCars:

Thanks for the update - I've been looking at these for my car - also a 2010 XF SC. Couple of questions:

1) What is the quality like? I've been holding off buying as expensive for something unseen shipped from China. Are they a known brand LED, and does the blade, wiring etc seem decent quality?

• The quality of this LED DRL is impressive. The part is solid and chromed. The lights are very bright and enclosed with plastic that protects the LEDs from water and debris.
  • The wiring harness is also well done. The wiring harness has a control box in the center and has separate conduits to each light with connectors to the lights themselves. The end of the third long harness conduit (to the power source) has 3 exposed wires (red, black and blue).
  • This is where you have to add the connection to the power. You will need electrical tape, an electrical spade for the fuse socket, and a plastic heat sleeve, I found that in our car, an empty fuse slot (to the ignition) exists so I connected a spade (with a heat sleeve) to the red wire. The black wire connects to a bolt just next to the fuse box as ground. The blue wire is not used and taped off.

2) Can you say a bit more about installation? Particularly adapting the new part to the grille and the clamps? I thought they were a direct replacement for the chrome blades already in the Jag bumper

• These DRLs do not have the grille part attached to them like the original ones in our car. If you look at your original part on the car, you will see the original blade is integrated with a small plastic grille. In addition, the DRL is made for multiple cars and models, so the part is slightly wider on the narrow end, so it does not fit the slot precisely.
  • This is where the creative mind begins to take place. I bought two flat aluminum sheets with a black enamel finish, approximately 12” x 24” with a grate style appearance. The pieces are thin and flexible (found at Home Depot) and look very nice. I also picked up clamps and tinsnips for cutting the metal grate. You may need a few garage tools as well to take the bumper off (see other posts for instructions).
  • In terms of size and fit, the DRL fits well into the slot (it is slightly larger on the small end) but requires a method to hold in place. I think you can approach this in several inventive ways. My approach was to use a small metal 2-inch c-clamp (vice style) at each corner that holds the light in place (clamped directly to the bumper). I only used one clamp on the outer points then electrical taped them to hold in place for install purposes.
  • Connect each DRL to the wiring harness (connectors snap together) and place the wire harness control-box into the slot of the center bumper along the wire run. The bumper needs to be flush to the car, so make sure the control box is within the wiring run area (drop it into the slot under the existing wiring harness). Run the long harness line up thru the frame to reach the side of the fuse box.
  • The metal grate I used is pliable and easy to cut with tinsnips. I cut each grate as a replacement for the original grille backing to the length of the light then bent (shaped) to cover the air flow region from top to bottom (measure how much you need before cutting).
  • Once you have the lights clamped or other method of attaching to bumper that you prefer, you then place the newly created grille as a back cover. The grille you make is simply a covering behind the lights in a box like manner. Tape the new grille to hold in place while you re-install the bumper. The idea here is to have enough metal over the light that will hold the light in place when it is against the SC intake area.

3) Any issues with the grilles? I understand they are an active air intake on the SC models - any tricks or issues, or didn't that matter?

• These DRLs do not have the grille part attached to them like the original ones in our car. For my solution, I created my own grill, however, I think it might be possible to cut out a slot in the original part and fit the new light bank into it, but I opted to maintain the condition of the original part. Note there are some step-by-step instructions for removing the bumper and wiring to the fuse box on other posts.
  • I posted pictures in my garage folder (Jaguilar’s Animal Kingdom) to see how they came out.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jaguilar; 04-06-2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: added picture
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaguilar:
BritCars (03-13-2014), RonAsonte12 (07-29-2017)
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Very intersting install Jaguilar. I like the creativity. I was a little skeptical about ordering these not having any idea of the quality so I opted for a set of Philips DRLs and cut my OEM blades and faux mesh to fit them. How long did your install take?

Jaguilar (04-08-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RodTee XF
Very intersting install Jaguilar. I like the creativity. I was a little skeptical about ordering these not having any idea of the quality so I opted for a set of Philips DRLs and cut my OEM blades and faux mesh to fit them. How long did your install take?
Do you have any pics of how yours turned out? I am still trying to figure out which way to go on these.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

It's a shame you can't just upgrade to the 2013 LEDS. That is one of my favorite things about the front end. The car has a very cat-like appearance with them on.

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF daytime running lights