XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF S headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF S headlamp

does anyone know how to split the headlamp assy.
while changing the sidelight bulb it came unplugged from the cable and fell inside the headlamp.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:06 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum felixthecat,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X250 forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 10-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

I've changed my sidelights many many times, trying various Cree LEDs. Unfortunately the only ones which look good and fit (diameter must be less than 11mm) keep blowing. Often, when I remove the dud globe, it falls apart and all or most of it falls into the light assembly. No need to take the light assembly apart to get it out, simply hold the assembly in the air above your head so the sidelight opening is facing downwards, and gently jiggle it around until the rogue globe (or piece of it) lodges back in the hole. With any luck it will then fall out, otherwise gently reach in with a pair of small angled needle nosed pliers and pull it out. Be patient, sometimes it will work straight away, other times it will take several goes. I've done this at least four times now, I've had enough of the faffing about with blown LEDs, so I've now gone back to stock globes.

The following users liked this post:
felixthecat (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFS
I've changed my sidelights many many times, trying various Cree LEDs. Unfortunately the only ones which look good and fit (diameter must be less than 11mm) keep blowing. Often, when I remove the dud globe, it falls apart and all or most of it falls into the light assembly. No need to take the light assembly apart to get it out, simply hold the assembly in the air above your head so the sidelight opening is facing downwards, and gently jiggle it around until the rogue globe (or piece of it) lodges back in the hole. With any luck it will then fall out, otherwise gently reach in with a pair of small angled needle nosed pliers and pull it out. Be patient, sometimes it will work straight away, other times it will take several goes. I've done this at least four times now, I've had enough of the faffing about with blown LEDs, so I've now gone back to stock globes.
thanks for that.
problem is its an LED bulb i was trying to fit and its not in bits.
anyhow i have now ordered a couple of extra bulbs and will probably leave the loose one inside for now.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Two out of the four times I removed an LED globe which had fallen into the light assembly it was the whole globe, so getting a whole globe out with the 'shake' method does work.
Like you, the first time it happened I couldn't get it out so I just left it there. This one wasn't a Cree, it was an SMD LED. But it was very noticeable and it bugged the hell out of me, so I decided to have another go at removing it. This time it lodged in the hole and fell out first shake!

Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 AM

patience is the word i suppose.
before i fit the new bulb i will have another try at shaking the loose one out.