XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New user, just bought XF 2008 2.7 diesel - got questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New user, just bought XF 2008 2.7 diesel - got questions!

Hi all,

just registered with this forum since i bought a 2008 XF 2.7 diesel yesterday from a dealer. I am getting the car next week on friday because they still need to fix a few things including the repainting the wood trip into piano gloss black.

Let me briefly also introduce myself (although i am pretty sure that this is not the thread where this should go) so i will keep it short: My name is Alex, i am from Vienna, 32 years old. Last car was a Nissan 350Z roadster.

Guys, i have so many questions and hope you can answer and help a noob.

1) I have a premium luxury edition with premium audio option. I though these come with a DVD player and a TV option. I couldnt find it anywhere. I got satNav but no DVD player selection on the screen. Does that mean i dont have a DVD player?

2) How do i update the SatNav without DVD? Or does the 2008 model use CD to update navigation? Does the 2008 still get new maps of 2014?

3) I have an ipod connection in the car and also my iphone 5S worked with blutooth yesterday during testdrive. My question is, can i play songs from the iphone 5s as well or does it have to be an ipod?

4) Is there a model number or name for my 2008 model? (for example e46 on BMW)

5) Where do i get the lit door sill panels... you know the ones with the jaguar logo. All i found was 700 euros without labor... any other links you got for me?

6) i still havent found out the difference between premium and luxury, i did read the thread about it but it seems everyone has a different opinion about this. Foe example, it says that the premium uses alcantara heading, mine is a premium but it has no alcantara.

7) how do i retract the backwindow curtain? Or do i not have that if i dont have a button for this?

8) Yesterday i accidently hit the panic button, the alarm went on and on. Is there a way to deactivate this?

9) Is your AC rotation system (the handshake) working without problems or did most of you already have a problem with that rotating gimmick. While i was searching for my XF, every second XF had a problem with the rotation not working properly... including my current one which will be fixed by jaguar before handing over the vehicle to me.

10) Is there a way to upgrate to bowers & wilkins sound system? The 320w premium sound that i heard yesterday in the car sounded like ***. (probably damaged by previous owner or something...)

Sorry for all the questions, its always a bit overwhelming when getting a new toy and you are all already familiar with most of these issues so hopefully one of you can do the honors of answering me.

Thank you and best regards

--- Alex