XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Received notice about XF Assurance Program

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Received notice about XF Assurance Program

What is "Service Action K061"? I have a 2010 XF Premium. Called dealer and they never heard of it. When they called back, they said, in vague terms that they were nav and other updates. Total time required: 4 hours according to the dealer, 2 hours according to the letter.

What bothers me about this is that there is no place on the Jaguar USA site to search for this information. Yes it may be over my head, but I'd still like to know and to not have some pimple faced 20 year old give me general information that he’s not even sure of. It’s ok because the “service” light went on, so I’ll have them change the oil and filter at that time.

No, I am not a crank who has no regard for 20 year olds, my daughter is one, and believe me the large majority are very savvy.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same update letter, I spoke to my dealership on the hone and the didn't sound too savy on the update and they said they would run any updates when I bring it in next week.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

dont feel bad Jaguar doesnt tell us all the things they change and modify either. Some yes, but by and large its "here, load this software" oh there bits and pieces but they change alot and its just a need to know, and we pimple faced 20yr olds dont need to know
FYI theres not alot of 20 somthings even at dealers.
and I THINK THIS SUCKS CAUSE WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH K064 DOWNLOADS WITH SCREEN LOCK UP, NOT LOADING CORRECTLY AND REBOOTS. I spent 5 hours yesturday doing a download and do to all the above mentioned problems. We get paid 1.6 to do the software portion and no one here has done in in that time with NO issues. Kinda like getting paid 2 days for a 5 day work week. Theres only so much to take before you either get out of the business or go to an independant where you dont get shafted with warranty work... So theyre correct when they say a 2 hour software from Jaguar will be 4 hours.... I wish I could do that right now with concrete contractors right now to control my costs...."hey Ill pay you 10 hours even though itll take you 20!"

Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also got the K061 software update notice. Called Alvarez Jaguar my dealer in Riverside, they told me it was some navigation updates and stuff, but had no more specific info than that. They told me there was more to it if my car was supercharged, which it is not, it's a 2010 5.0 lux.

Brutal, I hear you with the warranty payment thing, must suck, when they won't pay for the time it really takes to do a job. That said, can you provide us forum folks any more detail on what K061 will update?

My dealer told me they would do it when I take it in for somthing else, but if it's somthing that would make the car more fun to own, then I'll take it in just for that.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Does the software update make the touch screen work any faster?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 AM

well its not much, I wouldnt make a special trip

TECHNICAL BULLETIN No: K061
Issue: 2
Date: 03 DEC 2010
SERVICE PARTS WARRANTY BODY SHOP
�� �� �� ��
NOTE: The information in Technical Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional Technicians with the knowledge, tools, and
equipment required to do the job properly and safely. It informs these Technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or
provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by 'do-it-yourselfers'. If you are
not a Dealer, do not assume that a condition described affects your vehicle. Contact an authorized Jaguar service facility to determine
whether this bulletin applies to a specific vehicle.
©2010 Jaguar Land Rover North America LLC Page 1
THIS SERVICE ACTION IS VALID FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY
AND WILL EXPIRE 30 NOVEMBER 2012
ISSUE '2' CHANGES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN GRAY
SECTION: 100
Service Action: XF Assurance Program
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
XF (X250) VIN: R37598 - R85205
Model Year: 2010 - 2011
CONDITION SUMMARY:
Situation: To ensure certain 2010 - 2011 model year XF vehicles are supplied to customers with the very
latest software and parts to enhance the vehicle owner's experience, certain vehicles within the affected VIN
range require a minor control module software updates and replacement parts installed.
The control module updates are:
• Front door control modules / Rear glass comfort stop - update to prevent rear door glass 'bounce'
• Car Configuration File - update to ensure global open feature is fully functional
The issues requiring new parts or repair are:
• Driveshaft heatshield (Supercharged only) - install a new heatshield to prevent heat damage to center
joint diaphragm
• Cross joint at rear windshield - resealed to prevent water ingress into the luggage compartment
Action: Dealers are required to HOLD all affected vehicles in the VIN range above that are in their control
and refrain from releasing the vehicles for new or used vehicle sale pending completion of the rework action
detailed in this Technical Bulletin. Affected vehicles in the hands of owners should be repaired at the next
available opportunity. At the time of customer appointment, ensure that all outstanding service campaigns
for each individual vehicle are identified and allocate sufficient time and resources to complete all
campaigns.
For vehicles in dealer inventory, this Service Action should be performed in conjunction with the vehicle Pre-
Delivery Inspection (PDI). Vehicles in dealer inventory must be updated prior to customer handover.

The following users liked this post:
chairman25 (12-20-2010)
Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Default Thanks BRUTAL

BRUTAL, thanks for taking the time to post that data, appreciate it! You are right, I can wait for those updates. Nothing there seems to indicate that the NAV will be updated to run faster.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:54 PM

I spoke with the service department where I bought my vehicle (Momentum Jaguar/Houston).

I was told the update fixes the rear window "bounce" issues, satellite radio preset issues, and has "other entertainment system updates."

Old 12-18-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Unlikely, but I was not given specific information requarding that issue.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
dont feel bad Jaguar doesnt tell us all the things they change and modify either. Some yes, but by and large its "here, load this software" oh there bits and pieces but they change alot and its just a need to know, and we pimple faced 20yr olds dont need to know
FYI theres not alot of 20 somthings even at dealers.
and I THINK THIS SUCKS CAUSE WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH K064 DOWNLOADS WITH SCREEN LOCK UP, NOT LOADING CORRECTLY AND REBOOTS. I spent 5 hours yesturday doing a download and do to all the above mentioned problems. We get paid 1.6 to do the software portion and no one here has done in in that time with NO issues. Kinda like getting paid 2 days for a 5 day work week. Theres only so much to take before you either get out of the business or go to an independant where you dont get shafted with warranty work... So theyre correct when they say a 2 hour software from Jaguar will be 4 hours.... I wish I could do that right now with concrete contractors right now to control my costs...."hey Ill pay you 10 hours even though itll take you 20!"
I don't want to toot my own horn. But I have done it straight through with no problems except for once with Audio Module. Other then that never had an issue. I had one Friday that took me all day, only because I had to keep stopping to do other stuff. But I haven't done it in 1.6, but I have done it straight through with no issues except for the one time. I may add that I'm the only one that does them where I'm at. Others who have done them are having problems, I don't why, but....

Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 AM

The K061,

Old 12-19-2010, 10:30 AM

The k061 only involves. Reprogramming both door modules, applying sealent to the seams on the trunk below the rear windshield, installing heatsheild if required. That's it. There's also another service action where the the paddle shifters are being disabled to only work in sports mode on non supercharged vehicles. The new XJ is also getting this paddle shifter change to as well.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all of the insight and information. I will let you guys know what happens tomorrow. Hopefully, I will not have any "ill" effects from this. I realize that much of the information is better off not being in public light, but I have always wanted to know why...

Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Default touchscreen

Originally Posted by Long Islander
The XF touchscreen, I was always thought the speed was perfect. Now the the early production 2011 XJ screens are slow. I don't know if it's me, but I had a newer production XJ the other day, VIN range V12???, the touch screen on that car appeared to be much faster to my responses.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:43 PM

OK so the car is back from the update. I agree that the touch screen is faster. Otherwise I do not notice any major changes. One thing though, the brakes seem very grabby, maybe I am hitting them too hard in rush hour traffic. The invoice I got listed all of the items that were inspected, I do not know what many of them are.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to All.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

[quote=chairman25;283850]I agree that the touch screen is faster. quote]

That's good to hear. I just discovered my AM radio doesn't work AT ALL, so maybe I'll bring the car in for the radio issue and this update.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:08 PM

youre imagining the touch screen works faster. theres nothing with that TSB to do with that or programming it. must be that positive suggestion thing

Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Default Notice

Originally Posted by chairman25
What is "Service Action K061"? I have a 2010 XF Premium. Called dealer and they never heard of it. When they called back, they said, in vague terms that they were nav and other updates. Total time required: 4 hours according to the dealer, 2 hours according to the letter.

What bothers me about this is that there is no place on the Jaguar USA site to search for this information. Yes it may be over my head, but I'd still like to know and to not have some pimple faced 20 year old give me general information that he’s not even sure of. It’s ok because the “service” light went on, so I’ll have them change the oil and filter at that time.

No, I am not a crank who has no regard for 20 year olds, my daughter is one, and believe me the large majority are very savvy.
You have yet to recieve a notice? There are a few things that are done. One is programming both the driver's and passanger door modules, VIN specific. Applying sealant to the seams on the "boot" below the back windshield. Making sure global opening works. Replacing lower heatshield (Supercharged) only depending on the VIN #.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:42 PM

I have had all service done. The only glitch is that the radio goes to FM from SAT when I turned off the car. This is intermitent and not a big deal. If it continues, I'll mention it when the car goes in for service. Otherwise, The car with its new winter tires is a blast.