XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Some Fault code fun anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Some Fault code fun anyone?

For those interested and knowledgeable about fault codes etc the following is a bunch of codes showing up across different modules on my i930 scanner.

Im just throwing them up here to see if you guys see anything familiar or familiar pattern wise. I probably shouldn't of got a reader, lol - but if there is anything hear you guys think need warrants me to check out or try something with, please let me know.. As I posted in the other thread I had this P0236 code showing up in the i930 and the iphone obd scan before someone commented i should not clear codes i already cleared these -

I know i repeated a bunch here of the same codes, thats because the repeated on the reader in when going into different sections (modules?) but do these mean that a duplicate code is directed at another issue or its still pointing at same thing? Does that make sense? Anything with a * was repeated when going into the next section on the scanner, anything in red is something i have a known issue with, for example my rain sensor not working, any ideas on how to fix that welcome!

The license plate lamp just needs to replacing its flickering. What should I do next, to clear or not to clear?

-

C1B00
(steering angle sensor)
C004A (Brake pad wear signal open or short circuit)
B100A (Fuel pump auth)
U0208 (Lost communication with the seat control Module A)
U0437 (Invalid data received from the rear diff control module)
U0402 (Invalid data received from transmission control module
U0415 (Invalid data rcvd from ABS control Module)
U043A (Invalid data rcvd from the suspension control module B)
U0415 (Invalid data rcvd from ABS control Module) *
C1A04 (Front right height sensor)
C1A06 (Rear right height sensor)
U0428 (Invalid data rcvd from steering angle sensor)
U0415 (Invalid data rcvd from ABS control Module) *
B1086 (Air distribution damper motor)
U0010 (Medium Speed CAN communication Bus)
B1009 (Ignition auth)
B10AD ( Rain sensor)
U0231 (Lost communication with the rain sensing module)
U0231 (Lost communication with the rain sensing module) *
B100A
(Fuel pump auth)
B111A (Number plate lamps)
B1B36 (Front right outer Sensor)
B1B38 (Front right inner senor)
B1B40 (Front left outer sensor)
B1B42 (Front left inner sensor)
U0140 (lost communication with body control module)
B110A (Rear door driver side central locking motor)
U0010 (Medium Speed CAN communication Bus) *
U0253 (Lost communication with the accessory protocol interface module)
U3000 (CONTROL MODULE)
U0140
(lost communication with body control module)
U0156
(lost communication with information center A
U0253 (Lost communication with the accessory protocol interface module) *
U3000 (CONTROL MODULE)*
U3000 (CONTROL MODULE)*
U3000 (CONTROL MODULE)*
U3000 (CONTROL MODULE)*

Old 02-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Dean, before you do anything money wise have your battery checked. Also check your grounds.
I got a lot of those same codes after leaving my battery disconnected a few days while I did my 80kmi service. Took about a week of normal driving for the car to sort itself out.

The following users liked this post:
webshark (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 12:47 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

What I did when I got my scanner-
Logged all the codes down like you did
Cleared all the codes
Drove the car like normal for about a week or two
Checked for codes again

Nearly no codes came back, except for a couple insignificant ones which I remedied.

webshark (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 04:18 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
Dean, before you do anything money wise have your battery checked. Also check your grounds.
I got a lot of those same codes after leaving my battery disconnected a few days while I did my 80kmi service. Took about a week of normal driving for the car to sort itself out.
Any tips for checking the battery? I am not sure how long these codes have been around, but the battery has not been disconnected recently. Any ideas on rain sensor issue?

Originally Posted by jagwower
What I did when I got my scanner-
Logged all the codes down like you did
Cleared all the codes
Drove the car like normal for about a week or two
Checked for codes again

Nearly no codes came back, except for a couple insignificant ones which I remedied.
In my other thread someone advised not to clear codes, but it seems to be what people do? What scanner do you use? If its the i930 is there a way to view all codes on one page and clear all codes at once?

Old 02-23-2017, 04:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

The vast majority of those codes will be historical so, as suggested, clear them all first. You will probably find that if you disconnect the battery for about half an hour most will disappear anyway.
Drive the car through various driving cycles, see what codes come back and react accordingly.

webshark (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 242 Posts

Always note and clear a code to see if it returns. Sometimes they are just transient and sometimes one code causes another. I see no reason for leaving a code unless the same one keeps showing up and you want a mechanic to look at it.

webshark (02-25-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by webshark
In my other thread someone advised not to clear codes, but it seems to be what people do? What scanner do you use? If its the i930 is there a way to view all codes on one page and clear all codes at once?
I have the "LR II Multi-System Diagnostic Tool By iCarsoft For Land Rover / Jaguar (2nd Generation)" which is the larger bulkier one. I think it's pretty similar to the i930? Anyway, I had to clear each category individually.

webshark (02-25-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by jagwower
I have the "LR II Multi-System Diagnostic Tool By iCarsoft For Land Rover / Jaguar (2nd Generation)" which is the larger bulkier one. I think it's pretty similar to the i930? Anyway, I had to clear each category individually.
I also have the iCarSoft LR-II (which is just a newer i930) and I'm pretty sure you can clear all codes in one go. Go into diagnose and choose the generic OBD-II diagnostic. You get a full list of codes (but if I remember correctly it doesn't know what they are, just lists them). There is an erase all codes option that clears them all out in one go

How do you find codes on yours? If I use the jag specific diagnostic I have to click on each of 37 sections in turn and look for codes. Very tedious. Whereas the OBD diagnostic lists them all in one go. Am I missing something in the menus?

Jules.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have P0171, P0174, U0402, and P057B codes in my car right now. What is the best way to clear the codes out? Leaving the battery unplugged? Also, would I need to reprogram anything if I leave my battery unplugged?

Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PJ704
I currently have P0171, P0174, U0402, and P057B codes in my car right now. What is the best way to clear the codes out? Leaving the battery unplugged? Also, would I need to reprogram anything if I leave my battery unplugged?
Just so I understand your question.... you want to clear the codes but don't care about what they're reporting? Two of the codes are for lean conditions on different banks and two of them are for "powertrain" usually meaning transmission. The best way to clear them is with an OBD ll tool, cheap, and quick without messing up any other stored values.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:58 PM

Well technically I do care what they are reporting. Can you point to how I can troubleshoot them to find the culprit and how to fix them? Also, what OBD II tool do you recommend?

Old 07-31-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by mleskovar
Just so I understand your question.... you want to clear the codes but don't care about what they're reporting? Two of the codes are for lean conditions on different banks and two of them are for "powertrain" usually meaning transmission. The best way to clear them is with an OBD ll tool, cheap, and quick without messing up any other stored values.

Well technically I do care what they are reporting. Can you point to how I can troubleshoot them to find the culprit and how to fix them? Also, what OBD II tool do you recommend?

Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PJ704
First get an OBD II tester. My suggestion is nothing fancy, probably $35. You want one that is capable of clearing the codes. If you have a problem plug it in and get the error code. Write it down. Clear it. If you still have the problem (not transient) plug in the OBD ll tester again to check for the code. The tester will come with a book/CD that correlates the error codes to the probable cause. Usually you can search online for most likely failed parts for your particular car/model. The codes you have for lean conditions on different banks probably means your MAF sensor is dirty or failing. I bet the power train codes don't repeat. Who knows how long they've been there.

Old 06-20-2020, 03:25 PM

I’m in the same boat as OP. I got the large iCarsoft diagnostic tool. Got a bunch of codes across many modules. However, there are no codes found when I use the generic odbii scanner option. Is this expected? All the codes are in the Jaguar specific menu and diagnosis, specifically power train, abs, transmission, instrument clusters, restrain, etc modules.

car has had intermittent start issues even though I replaced both the battery and starter. I haven’t seen an error code so far though nor a check engine light. Guess I’ll have to clear the codes in each module and drive it a bit more.

also I heard a pop sound like an electrical pop coming from driving seatbelt side when I was using the iCarsoft in my jag twice now. Have you guys had this pop sound happen to you?

Last edited by PJ704; 06-20-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Yes. If this is the first time using it, read and record the detailed codes and erase them. Then see what comes back a couple of weeks later. The jag specific codes are much more extensive than the standard OBD ones so not surprising that you track more this way

The pop is the audio module. If you watch as it auto checks all modules (about 40 on my car) you get a pop as it does whatever it needs to on the audio module. Always gives me a shock, but seems to be normal