XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

someone hit my bumper and ran last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts
Default someone hit my bumper and ran last night

dont you hate, when you had the option of doing one thing, but you do something else and you end up in an unfortunate situation at the end of the night? hung out at my buddies apartment last night instead of picking him up and going to dinner.....came out and found nasty scratches on my rear bumper

i remember there was a white audi A6 parked behind me, but i didnt catch the license plates. ironically he had a dashcam.

never the less, could have been avoided if i went out now im gunna get stuck with this bill

Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

They have some good mobile bumper guys that can keep the cost down and make that disappear. Making an insurance claim on a bumper scrape isn't such a good idea.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

i dont think id go the insurance route. I believe i have a $500 deductible. so it wouldnt make sense

Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 242 Posts

If it's really bad you need a fill and repaint. If that's the case and you're handy try it yourself. Worse that could happen is you do a bum job and you get it done by someone anyway. I fixed a hole in the wife's BMW front bumper and you can't tell unless told. You can get matching spray paint in cans by paint code and clear online and bumper fill kits from auto parts. Mask off as close to the damage as possible .....fill and sand until smooth...sparsely apply base coat...mask again to overlap edges and apply clear coat....lightly rub out edges of clear coat until smooth.