XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Strange tail lamp LED behavior

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange tail lamp LED behavior

Is there any normal behavior that would explain why the frontmost four LEDs on my drivers side tail lamp would stay on, even if the car is turned off and locked? (See picture.)

I've seen reference in the forums about a service action for earlier models which had failing tail lamp LEDs. I seem to have the opposite problems in that mine are working overtime, but perhaps the root cause is the same?

Unfortunately I've had to leave the car and go out of town. I didn't have any tools with me when I noticed this, so I'm likely going to return to a dead battery. I did try to find a fuse which would do the trick but none of the fuse blocks described in the manual appeared to address the tail lights. Is it possible there's not a fuse for them? (Built into the light unit itself perhaps?)

Attached Thumbnails Strange tail lamp LED behavior-img_0751.jpg  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

My XFR did the same. Only thing I can think of is some kind of "parking light" being on the left so if you were to leave your car parked at the curb in the dark it might stop someone from not noticing it and slamming into the rear. Pure speculation on my part. Being LED I doubt there is remotely significant battery drain to worry about....

Don't think the F does it though...