XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Suggestions on XFR exhaust tips?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Suggestions on XFR exhaust tips?

hey guys I'm at a muffler shop getting a muffler delete and I realized how I don't like the standard tips on the XFR not so much the look but how the don't really fill out the space for the exhaust.. anyone else upgraded theirs and have some nice chrome suggestions that fill the space a little better and look good?

Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

I'm with you in that the stock 3" diameter dual tips look a bit small and 3.5" would be much better.
I spent years trawling the interwebz and eBay looking for the "perfect" 3.5" dual tips, but I never found any. By perfect I mean stainless steel, double walled, slant cut and staggered the same amount as the stock tips so they conform with the curve of the rear bumper.
Eventually I settled on a pair that were the closest I could find, they fitted all the criteria except for the degree of stagger, it just wasn't enough and I was never happy with their appearance.
Here's a couple of pics:

Also, I wasn't 100% happy with the way my exhaust shop fitted them, I thought they stuck out just a little too far. I had them installed as part of a muffler change as well, in the end I found the mufflers to be too loud and droney, so I went back to stock and I never did get the tips re-positioned.
I still have that after-market set-up gathering dust in the garage and I doubt I will ever sell it, just no buyers here in lil' ol' South Oz.

I believe that Mina Gallery do 3.5" staggered tips for the XFR, and from what I have seen they look pretty good, but still with maybe not as much stagger as I would like.
Also I have only ever seen them as part & parcel of their rear muffler kit, so I'm not sure they will sell you just the tips.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:46 PM

Nice.. yea I looked trough a whole catalog today and seen nothing appealing and none that where there really looked right to me..

i drove the car home all was fine. Just got into now and a transmission fault and engine light came on.. i turned it off the orange transmission fault has gone away but the engine light is still on.. could this be from the muffler delete?

Old 02-15-2017, 01:17 AM

Welll.. I went for dinner.. came out and the engine light was off? Confusing

Old 02-15-2017, 01:39 AM
Veteran Member

Sometimes it takes two to five ignition cycles for warning lights and error codes to stop coming up.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Sometimes it takes two to five ignition cycles for warning lights and error codes to stop coming up.
Does this mean there is no real error? Or what does it generally suggest? Hey did u see my other thread regarding power loss?

Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member

There was maybe an O2 sensor "error" before the PCM (ECU) adapted to the new exhaust set-up.
Pretty much all modern cars with multiple O2 sensors are set to operate within fairly narrow emissions parameters, so even a small change to the exhaust system can cause the ECU/PCM to throw a code and/or a CEL. Most times it's harmless and most times it goes away after a while, I've had this happen on several cars in the past without any problems.
Regards your "power loss", who knows, it could be just in your mind. One tip - chuck a can of BG 44K in the gas tank, doesn't cost a lot and maybe your fuel lines and/or injectors need a clean out. JLR service departments recommend it for the 4.2 and 5.0 V8s.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Check out the paramount performance "jet fighter" tips. Maybe a little off the beaten path for you, but worth a look just because they are awesome !!!. I am planning to get those as soon as I get measurements. My plan is to fit duals for each muffler, but I dont know if two of them will fit the available space.