XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XF front end

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF front end

I replied this in the where are the XF pictures thread but thought I would just start a new thread and figure not as many people are going to go back to picture thread.

SOoooo after looking at some of the photos I have to ask about the front fascia. Are there 2 different front fascias/bumper covers?
I just looked at a 2012 XFR and it did not look like the first picture in the front I looked very close at it too. If you look at the lower center grill area the outer edges come to a point and slant downward. Is this only on 2012 portfolios with sport package? Or is this just the way the picture angle is and I'm going looney............

I know that thther cars are older XF's but I have not seen one with a front like the grey one.

[/quote]

Old 01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

I am not sure if i am understanding you right, but the first picture you posted is not a of a XFR. It's a 2012 sport, which has a different bumper cover than the 2012 base, and which is different from the XFR bumper cover.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just like Executive said, according to the US 2012 broschure (which I can't attach but will include pic from) I beleive you are looking at an XF with a XF Sport Pack option (only availble in the Portfolio trim). Never really noticed the difference in that area until you pointed it out. From page 42,

Xf sport pacK is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Xf portfolio. it provides a number of enhancements to the vehicle’s rear, front and sides including trunk spoiler and modified front bumper, providing a distinctive new profile together with a unique 19" wheel style and sport interior.

Again looking at the broschure, it would seem that all MY12 have the same front bumper except for the XFR, those with this sport pack option and those with the black pack option (but that is only avaible on the XFR anyway).

Here's a pic of my base front bumper which you can see has the lip being the most extended material as opposed to the sides of the gap you are highlighting (assuming I'm looking at the right thing).

Hope that helps.

Attached Thumbnails XF front end-sportpackfrontbumper.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Executive
I am not sure if i am understanding you right, but the first picture you posted is not a of a XFR. It's a 2012 sport, which has a different bumper cover than the 2012 base, and which is different from the XFR bumper cover.
Yes the grey car is an XF and not an XFR. I only mentioned the XFR because I looked at one th was black and had the black package and the front did not look like the grey car and it was a 2012 XFR. I"ve notice when you build one at Jaguars web page the portfolio and the supercharged has a front spoiler option and no option for the XFR.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by WHealy
Just like Executive said, according to the US 2012 broschure (which I can't attach but will include pic from) I beleive you are looking at an XF with a XF Sport Pack option (only availble in the Portfolio trim). Never really noticed the difference in that area until you pointed it out. From page 42,

Xf sport pacK is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Xf portfolio. it provides a number of enhancements to the vehicle’s rear, front and sides including trunk spoiler and modified front bumper, providing a distinctive new profile together with a unique 19" wheel style and sport interior.

Again looking at the broschure, it would seem that all MY12 have the same front bumper except for the XFR, those with this sport pack option and those with the black pack option (but that is only avaible on the XFR anyway).

Here's a pic of my base front bumper which you can see has the lip being the most extended material as opposed to the sides of the gap you are highlighting (assuming I'm looking at the right thing).

Hope that helps.
Yes, you understand what I was pointing out. I first noticed it in an ad on a webpage it was white and the front looks like the grey car. I got the pic of the grey car here maybe the owner will chime in as to what exterior options he has.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Resurrecting an old post here, but I have recently considered replacing my "base" front bumper with a "sport" front bumper. Does anyone know if that would be an issue or not? I can't imagine that it would be going from base to sport. Thanks.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 314 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by brnsms2
Resurrecting an old post here, but I have recently considered replacing my "base" front bumper with a "sport" front bumper. Does anyone know if that would be an issue or not? I can't imagine that it would be going from base to sport. Thanks.
I thought that with a 911 with a bumper swap, and the crazy Germans changed the mounting points on the same model year car. Why, I have no idea. Hopefully the Brits don't do that.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I just recently purchased a 2013 3.0 SC XF salvage and am going to need to replace the front bumper cover since there is not one there now. From pulling up the build records it calls out for a Sport front bumper. Sorry to say but the sport models are a bit more difficult to locate so I was wondering if, beyond the cosmetics and mounting, does anyone know if there are any performance requirements necessary(ie air flow) with the use of the sport bumper that goes with the supercharged version? Or is it possible to mount a base front cover onto a SC model?

Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

You should be fine with the replacement. The sport package uses the same attachments. The difference is in the blades, the black pack option, and the front lip. It is a cosmetice upgrade to the base XF.

The following users liked this post:
kenbowen (01-15-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

There are a few issues with this swap. I had a xf 2011 and put on the sport bumper. The under tray is different along with grilles etc.

It's a very simple swap, but be prepared to spend another $300 for the front under tray. It's the part that's under the front of the car for aero dynamics and keep stuff out of your engine.