Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ X300 / XJR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJ X300 / XJR 1995-1997

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Ketch22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation 1997 XJ6 - P1775 & P0727 Fault Codes

The car will run fine, but occasionally it will drop down to 500 rpm or stall out when I come to a stop. Then codes P1775, & P0727 will appear. It won't start back up for a few minutes, but when it does the check engine light, the tranny fault light is on and the car goes into limp mode.

I have since parked it only to test drive it for a month. After being parked for an hour the tranny fault light turns off. Half of the time she starts as normal, but after running for 10 miles or so the idle drops to 500 rpm at idle. Half of the time she won't start unless I depress the gas pedal and she dies as soon as I let up on the gas.

Is there a possibility that it is the CPS or am I being overly-optomistic? Could it be something else?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Any feedback, intructions, diagrams and/or photos are greatly appreciated.

S. D. Ketchum
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
cgbronco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Same problem, ever come up with a solution?

Hello Ketch22,

My 1995 xjs coupe (4.0) is having the same problem. Only difference being I am also pulling P0420 and P0430 codes and the car doesn't go into limp home mode... just shuts down on occasion at idle then generates P1775 and P0727. How did you rectify this situation? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm haveing the same problem...............error code P0727? I checked the EGR and it was OK. I'm replacing the Crank Sensor tomorrow.......any other suggestions anyone? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 AM
xjrguy's Avatar
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 723 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMarine View Post
I'm haveing the same problem...............error code P0727? I checked the EGR and it was OK. I'm replacing the Crank Sensor tomorrow.......any other suggestions anyone? Thanks!
Sometimes P0727 isn't much help on these cars. What that means is it saw no engine speed while it saw road speed. Meaning any stall will usually set P0727. If you have P1775, that only means the TCM sent a request to the ECM to turn on the Check Engine light and alert the driver.

However, a crank sensor failure causing a stall can be the culprit.

Good luck!
__________________
________________________________________
Steve

'95 XJR
'97 XK8 Conv. [Sold, and missing it!]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: mesa, az
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

had the same problem, was leave a hamburger joint from the drive up window, all of a sudden check engine i think came (cant remeber exactly) and the tranny default came on, engine died, coasted to a stop , heart skip a beat there, was way far from home, ok, let it set for awhile check a few things ,, got a drink scratch man head, then started right back up, drove home no lites no nothing........ok, so the only thing i did the next day after getting home was take egr valve back out,(installed a new onebut) i didnt have the right stuff to clean the 2 holes the egr valve covers,,bought a round bristle bottle washer type brush the get deep down into holes, sprayed all the gunk with throttle body cleaner and brushed the heck out of the holes, also felt like there was a big wad of stuff, final brush broke thru. been running like Top since, so the story here is clean the dang holes as far inside as you can get.

geno
1995 xj6 185k on her
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wadena, Sk. Canada
Posts: 51
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there a gasket under the EGR valve. I plan to take mine of an clean it but don't want to start without neo.g able to finish.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
xjrguy's Avatar
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 723 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookem View Post
Is there a gasket under the EGR valve. I plan to take mine of an clean it but don't want to start without neo.g able to finish.
Yes, there is a gasket. P/N C2A1231

Cheers,
__________________
________________________________________
Steve

'95 XJR
'97 XK8 Conv. [Sold, and missing it!]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Woodhaven, NY
Posts: 348
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
dmvin123 edavidadorno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch22 View Post
The car will run fine, but occasionally it will drop down to 500 rpm or stall out when I come to a stop. Then codes P1775, & P0727 will appear. It won't start back up for a few minutes, but when it does the check engine light, the tranny fault light is on and the car goes into limp mode.

I have since parked it only to test drive it for a month. After being parked for an hour the tranny fault light turns off. Half of the time she starts as normal, but after running for 10 miles or so the idle drops to 500 rpm at idle. Half of the time she won't start unless I depress the gas pedal and she dies as soon as I let up on the gas.

Is there a possibility that it is the CPS or am I being overly-optomistic? Could it be something else?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Any feedback, intructions, diagrams and/or photos are greatly appreciated.

S. D. Ketchum
Ok so i had the same exact problem with a 96 xj6. I changed the egr valve, nothing. I changed the Idle air control valve, nothing. I changed the air filter and cleaned the MAF and nothing. I changed the TB but kept the original Throttle position sensor, and still nothing. So i got a new TPS and nothin! It wasnt until Brutal suggested that after installing the new tps i need to turn the mechanical screw that controls the air gap of the butterfly in the TB. Presto! Car is running great! so i would change the tps and goto the dealer and get an engine setup done after. Its worth every penny!
__________________
ETA
2004 Jaguar XJ8
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Posts: 28
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default I just got same codes on '95 XJ6

I was making a right turn after stopping and car stalled; 1st time in over 305K miles. I had my scanner, so I pulled over after restarting and checked codes. Same codes, P0420, P0430 (catalyst faults), P0727 and P1775, with check engine and transmission fault lights lit up. I drove a little further and checked codes, but haven't done anything yet. I just changed the alternator, but no other work recently. How do I find out if I need to replace EGR or crank sensor, or anything else?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2014, 02:17 PM
xjrguy's Avatar
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 723 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
I was making a right turn after stopping and car stalled; 1st time in over 305K miles. I had my scanner, so I pulled over after restarting and checked codes. Same codes, P0420, P0430 (catalyst faults), P0727 and P1775, with check engine and transmission fault lights lit up. I drove a little further and checked codes, but haven't done anything yet. I just changed the alternator, but no other work recently. How do I find out if I need to replace EGR or crank sensor, or anything else?
Go back up to post #4. As mentioned your stall substantiates the P0727 and P1775. But what caused the stall?...........anybody's guess. That Crank Sensor is definitely suspect, though.

Cheers,
__________________
________________________________________
Steve

'95 XJR
'97 XK8 Conv. [Sold, and missing it!]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Posts: 28
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default No more stalls, but running high rpm on freeway

I drove home and it was running higher rpm on freeway than I thought it normally does; 3500 rpm at about 68 mph, vs 2500 rpm at 75+ mph normally. It didn't seem to shift to overdrive, but I may be wrong. When parking at home, it didn't quite go into park right and rolled back a little. Drove again after checking oil (adding 2 qts) and trans. fluid, which seemed normal color/clarity and was full. Local dealer said Jag doesn't sell EGR for this anymore and they don't even show a crankshaft sensor for my model. Seemed to run ok, but codes and lights still show. Dealer thought airflow sensor/meter in intake might be clogged or failed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Posts: 28
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Where is crank sensor? I may have to buy EGR online. Any reliable sources?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 PM
xjrguy's Avatar
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,973
Thanked 723 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
I drove home and it was running higher rpm on freeway than I thought it normally does; 3500 rpm at about 68 mph, vs 2500 rpm at 75+ mph normally. It didn't seem to shift to overdrive, but I may be wrong. When parking at home, it didn't quite go into park right and rolled back a little. Drove again after checking oil (adding 2 qts) and trans. fluid, which seemed normal color/clarity and was full. Local dealer said Jag doesn't sell EGR for this anymore and they don't even show a crankshaft sensor for my model. Seemed to run ok, but codes and lights still show. Dealer thought airflow sensor/meter in intake might be clogged or failed.
Forget the EGR, nothing you've said so far in anyway relates to that. Sounds more like trans trouble coming on. The P0420/30 are catalyst efficiency faults. At this mileage I'm sure the cats are dead, so I'm not surprised.

I don't know where your dealer is coming from, the Crank Sensor is LHE1640AA. I just installed one a couple weeks ago. Here's a page that shows you where it's located, item #11.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AJ16 EMS Components.pdf (135.3 KB, 38 views)
__________________
________________________________________
Steve

'95 XJR
'97 XK8 Conv. [Sold, and missing it!]
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 PM
 
 
 
Reply



Tags
1995, 1997, 95, code, codes, diagnostic, jaguar, jaguarcom, p0727, p1775, search, trouble, xj6, xj6l, xjs



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Copyright © 2010 Internet Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
JAGUAR and its logo are the registered trademarks of Jaguar Cars Limited. Jaguar Cars Limited is not affiliated with JaguarForums.com.