XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

People have no respect for Jaguars...I swear

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default People have no respect for Jaguars...I swear

It seems everytime I take my 1997 xj6 out it has another ding or scratch across the door and I park away from everybody...do people just like to destroy nice cars out of jealousy??? How much could it cost me to get a decent amount of dents out and some scratches to make it look presentable?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Received 10,292 Likes on 6,811 Posts

Yep.

I have many "little gifts" on all my Jags.

I have a handicapped permit, so we get wider than normal parking bays, and still I get the marks etc.

Follow that by the abuse for parking in a "handicapped zone" whilst driving a Jaguar???, what sort of car are we supposed to drive, a Ford beater????. Fair dinkum, dirtbags all over.

I am waiting for the clearcoat on X300 to get a tad worse, then a dent and paint will take place, about $3000, bare metal naturally, which sounds a lot, but, what am I going to replace an X300 with for $3K???.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only abusr my X300 have experienced was a automatic car wash... Got some scratches on the left side of the car, but nothing too much. Have never used an automatic car wash since that day..

Old 08-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a handicap permit and use it mostly for the larger parking spaces to protect the Jag.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:41 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

This has got so bad with narrow parking bays in the UK that if I have to use them, I take a pic on my phone of the vehicles on either side in the event I may need to discuss parking technique with the owners.

I haven't needed to use the pics yet but that may have something to do with the notice left on the dash:

So far it's worked as well as all the speed cameras with no film in them.

Graham

Attached Thumbnails People have no respect for Jaguars...I swear-dsc_0081.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
gertiebirdie (08-08-2014)
Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  19.3 KB

Lol Graham, funny that.....

When I park at a supermarket car park or similar I troll around for wide open empty spaces but sometimes, there are just none available.

If forced to take a space with cars on eother side, I also make a note of registration numbers and do a walk round before n after to check for dings / damage

Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to say it's just Jaguar, but it's not. I have a beater Subaru Outback and a recent trip to Kroger resulted in a huge dent in the driver side front fender and the corner turn signal light being ripped off the car. That's the reason why the Subie will pull all grocery duties and the Jag is for visiting friends and families with a nice wide driveway!

Just the other day, I walked out of another Kroger and saw a Chrysler mini-van having an argument with a parking pole (painted bright yellow) when the driver wanted to take a "short cut" to go between two poles. That goes to show how mindless these lemmings are!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by mounty
I would like to say it's just Jaguar, but it's not. I have a beater Subaru Outback and a recent trip to Kroger resulted in a huge dent in the driver side front fender and the corner turn signal light being ripped off the car. That's the reason why the Subie will pull all grocery duties and the Jag is for visiting friends and families with a nice wide driveway!

Just the other day, I walked out of another Kroger and saw a Chrysler mini-van having an argument with a parking pole (painted bright yellow) when the driver wanted to take a "short cut" to go between two poles. That goes to show how mindless these lemmings are!
Very same thing at Kroger last night!! I parked away from any cars or any carts, in front (not next to) of an old but restored 911 with plenty of space between our front bumpers (I could tell the 911 parked there for the same reasons). Anyway, I came out of the store and sat in my car for a moment to make a phone call, and this woman in a Hyundai comes swirling thru the parking spots and tries to squeeze between the 911 and my car to take a "shortcut". It was a good thing I was in the car making that call because if I did not honk at her she would have tore out both the 911's and my front bumper....there are 6 lanes in the parking island for her to drive thru, but she decides she's got to "cut" right between the Porsche and the Jaguar. She waived and backed up as I just shook my head at her in disgust.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

You can park in the remotest bay in an empty car park and when you come back, the only other car to have arrived is parked right next to you.

What's up with these people?

Graham

Old 08-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,166 Likes on 1,610 Posts

See ... you should never have banned the Prince of Darkness because you need him to create a cone of darkness around the car to make it invisible.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I parked away from everyone at the local Walgreens and when I walked out a women was getting out of her little Lincoln town car and I heard her hit my passenger door. I looked at her and just said "really?" and she didn't even care. But karma is a b$tch. Thanks for the nice BIG dent in my British racing green jag..old hagg

Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeingtravel95
I parked away from everyone at the local Walgreens and when I walked out a women was getting out of her little Lincoln town car and I heard her hit my passenger door. I looked at her and just said "really?" and she didn't even care. But karma is a b$tch. Thanks for the nice BIG dent in my British racing green jag..old hagg
If that would've happened to me, I would've put a tiny pebble in the valve stem in her front tire, and she would've had a nice, slow leak, not really noticeable. And she would've ended up with a flat tire somewhere other than that location, probably in a day or two or three, and when the valve stem cap was removed, the pebble would've been too small to have been noticed. I've done that to several idiotic car drivers I've had the misfortune of crossing paths with, so yeah, karma can be a b$tch...otherwise, if I wasn't on my medication, that dumba$$ b$tch and I would've had a come to Jesus meeting...

Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Must remember to start a "Small pebble" collection for possible future use.
Some people are just so ...... I can't think what word I mean. I want to say "dumb" but that isn't strong enough. I think it has a lot to do with this "No win - No fee" advertising by shyster lawyers on TV. Also the signs in most store car parking areas along the lines of, "We are not responsible for any damage or theft from cars."
Seeing that makes the morons think that they are invincible because if you so much as shout at them, they will bring a prosecution for Verbal Assault and get you done by John Law. So then you have to decide if court time and a fine are costlier that a bit of filler and some paint.

I'll settle for saving a few small pebbles.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The pebble has to be big enough to push down on the air stem when the plastic valve stem cap is twisted down, but not so big that it's obvious. Perhaps something like a grain of rice, or a piece of an uncooked bean might work? But a small enough pebble would be pretty much invisible once the valve stem cap was removed, but if spotted would look entirely in its element, as opposed to anything else.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 277 Likes on 171 Posts

A couple of years ago I visited the Indy 500 museum. There were only about a dozen cars in the whole lot which is pretty big. I was driving my X300 which was in great shape with only a couple of small dings on left front door and fender. I parked well away from any other cars. When we came out the right...right front fender about a foot forward of the joint with the door had a large dent in it. It looked like a door had swung open against it and the last part of the swing action caught the fender. Of course there was no one around the car and no way to know which one did it and I looked.

Now that p..ed me off.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've found, I can park 50 spaces away from nearest car and when I come back out, there is 1 lone car parked 2 feet from mine

Old 08-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
This has got so bad with narrow parking bays in the UK that if I have to use them, I take a pic on my phone of the vehicles on either side in the event I may need to discuss parking technique with the owners.

I haven't needed to use the pics yet but that may have something to do with the notice left on the dash:

So far it's worked as well as all the speed cameras with no film in them.

Graham
Hee Hee! Graham, you devil....... man after my own heart! I wish I'd thought of that!

Cheers,

Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 277 Likes on 171 Posts

"Come to Jesus meeting!"

Socal1200r, haven't heard that little phrase in a long time. Have used it a few times myself.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 425 Likes on 325 Posts

Shopping malls?? No way. Leave the Jag at home and take the wife's car, take the bus, get a lift, anything!!

This is clearly a universal issue and parking in out-of-the-way spots DEFINITELY doesn't work - in my experience the moron with the insecurity complex who insists on parking right next to you is always in an over-sized SUV, with 5 kids to fling every door open, and obviously guided to you by an inbuilt Jag-seeking device.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 AM
doc
Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

A universal problem I have surmised after reading this post
I don't feel so alone any more (LOL)

Quick Reply: People have no respect for Jaguars...I swear