Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR 1997 - 2003

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM

Default Code P1111

I have a 2003 XJ8 Sport which occassionally comes up with a Failsafe Engine Mode reading. I took the car to Autozone and they said it was a P1111 code reading. I have been told that it could be related to an Intake Air Tempature Sensor but I can't even find that part listed for my vehicle. This problem only occurs randomly but when it does I have no Cruise Control. Any help would be gratly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeff Cole
Idaho falls, Idaho
Old 04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
ud

Hi,

P1111 is not a fault code. It is a special designator Jaguar uses meaning system ready, drive cycles completed after the last fault event. P1000, on the other hand, means system not ready, or drive cycles not completed after the last recorded fault event.

Some OBD II Basics - All P0xxx codes are generic and uniform across all manufacturers and mean the same on every car. All P1xxx codes are manufacturer specific codes. You cannot use a generic code chart to analyze P1xxx codes for a Jaguar.

Next time your car displays an engine fault light, try reading the codes then. If you have a CEL illuminated and the only code read is P1000 or P1111, then you probably have a fault that generic code readers cannot see. Could be a chassis code, for example.

One last thing - Neither P1000, nor P1111 can be erased.

Hope this helps you.

Best,
The Following User Says Thank You to steve11 For This Useful Post:
Catenaccio (01-20-2014)
Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 AM

Thanks!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 PM

many thanks...this explains the P1111 and P1000 i was just getting...i got the P1000 after i cleared the P1111...now it all makes sense...thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Tags
2000, 2003, code, codes, engine, error, jaguar, manufactor, obd, p1000, p1111, reader, trouble, xj8, xtype