You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!
Wiper washing the windshield today the tubing come off the fixed mount beneath the windshield near the cowl. Tubing is intact; just the tiny fitting inside the tubing seems to have sheared off at the point where the tubing meets the mounted fitting for the washer fluid on the cowl.
Is this a simple matter of replacing the mount and reconnecting the tubing? Or is nothing so simple?
Does the mount pop or screw out? Surely you dont have to remove the lower windshield molding to get at the fitting!
Thanks for any help, part numbers and advice.
2001 Carnival Red XJ-8
Just cleared 100,000 miles
Search JagBits or other parts houses. The fitting is easy to find - less than $10. I bought two because it doesnt look like a very durable part...
This is a super easy 15 minute repair.
- Open the bonnet and remove the 3 firewall beauty panels (I found a giant mouse nest under the master cylinder cover so it's good to look in there once in a while)
- On the wiper arm base, pry up the cover with your fingers, unscrew the wiper bolt and remove the wiper
- Unscrew 5 screws on the plastic windshield base cover
- Clip the zip tie holding the washer hose to the bottom of the broken fitting
- Remove the broken fitting with a quarter turn
- Reuse the rubber washer (unless it's perished) and install the new fitting
- Reassemble all and attach the wiper hose to the new fitting
- Voila! Wipey wipey squirt squirt!
__________________ Life is too short to drive boring cars.