Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR 2003 - 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
chromecicada

Default '04 XJR drivers side heat problem

my 2004 XJ blows great heat from the passenger side vents, but only blows luke warm from the drivers side vents. Now that its getting cold outside, it needs to be addressed. Is this a common problem? Will i most likely need to remove the heater box to find the problem?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Photobucket

Thanked 1,002 Times in 721 Posts
BILL BRUTON

Replace the heater control valve in the passenger front lower engine compartment and hope that it was only stuck closed and didnt short the ac control panel
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
chromecicada

Thanks for the quick response. This car doesn't have a heater control valve that i could find (i looked under the aux. water pump). What i ended up finding was a heater core that was half clogged with an orange gritty slime. the clogged portion extended into the drivers side of the heater box, while the free flowing portion was on the passenger side. Once i removed the glove box and the blower motor air box, it was fairly easy to replace.
This is a great forum! i hope this info can help someone else with a heat problem.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Photobucket

Thanked 1,002 Times in 721 Posts
BILL BRUTON

Uh yes i work on them all day, it has a heater control valve(dual) that how it allows 2 different temp setting between the passenger and driver
Old 10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
chromecicada

Iím sorry for the misunderstanding, itís entirely my fault. I should have described the vehicle better. This is a 2004 Jaguar XJR supercharged 4.2. It has no dual heater control valve like, say an S-Type does (even with the same engine). The main difference is the type of heater core: the dual heater control valve system has three heater hoses going to the heater core. One for drivers side heat, one for passenger side heat, and a shared return line. It is essentially two heater cores in one. The non-dual heater control system has two heater hoses going to the heater core, one supply and one return. The dual zone temperature is controlled by blend door manipulation, not coolant flow.
Again, Iím sorry for the confusion. I know your time and knowledge are valuable and I appreciate you sharing a little of it with me.
Attached Thumbnails
'04 XJR drivers side heat problem-image_039-jpg  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:33 PM

Tags
2005, blend, control, door, drivers, dual, heat, heating, jaguar, location, motor, side, valve, vents, xj8, xjr