XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Finally swapped the pulley

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Finally swapped the pulley

Finally did the XJ SC pulley swap this weekend. Thanks to a member on the board sending me his collar for making it all possible.

It was actually a piece of cake. It took all of 30 minutes to do from hood up to hood down. Pulley came off a lot easier than I had thought it would. Heated the new pulley from VelocityAP with a BernzOmatic torch for a couple minutes and it slid right on, I mean perfectly. I had a bucket of water and three hand towels that I kept cycling wrapped around the heated pulley to cool it off. Threw the air intake T back on, popped the engine cover back in place and tuned it using VelocityAP's tuner and tune...and I was done. The car is 95% beast mode right now. Just need to throw the exhaust on and I will be done.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Questions:
Do you have any before and after numbers (1/4 mile, dyno, 60 FT)?
What exhaust you plan on getting?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do not have any before and after numbers. I wish I would have dyno'd.

I have already bought the VelocityAP 200 cell cats...I haven't decided on which mufflers I am going to go with yet.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,767 Posts

Any pictures of the puller you used?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi abs777 I too have a XJL Supercharged. I also have a tune from velocity AP. I have been trying to find the propert tool to put my pulley on for the past eight months! I have had no luck. This post just made my day I was hoping if you will be able to provide me with the information about the tool or the person who provided the tool for you. I would love to finally be able to complete my project by putting the pulley on and taking for advantage of the tune itself. I know the process is very simple though I just can't seem to find the tool anywhere. I've purchased a supercharger pulley puller from ZZ performance for the M1 to eat and supercharger but that one didn't even work due to the radiator holes being in the way to go around the pulley. but to see that you completed the job with yours would be a great help if I could get some information on it To maybe contact the owner or get access to the one you have thanks.