XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Hello All

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All

Hello All -
I am new to the forum. I am having delivered my second Jag. In 2003 I had an S and just purchased a '12 XJL portfolio. It is being delivered this week.
I am more familiar with German and British I have had a lot of cars.
My question is what is a "check list" that I should be going over for delivery?
I am thinking things like check soft close doors - trunk, etc...
I am not 100% sure of all the bells and whistles so if there is anything else i should note please let me know
Thank you!!

Jason

Old 03-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

jfruhing, welcome to the group. Make sure to stop by the Mid-Atlantic region to see what we have planned. We tend to do a few get togethers throughout the summer.

As for what to check with your car, the big things I would be checking is the state of the water pump. If there is a weakness with this car, the water pump is right up there as being one of the biggest. The other thing I would check on is the popping in the sunroof (will need a bumpy road to really check this out). This will be evident when you let the suspension work going over larger bumps in the road slowly.

After that, it is going to be a lot of the normal stuff. I guess one other thing I would do is to take the car out for a drive and get it up to around 50-55 mph. My car had a slight wobble in the steering wheel. Just got new tires and the wobble is gone. So, must have been something with those tires (Pirelli PZero Neros).

If you ever need any assistance, let me know. I am more than willing to help turn some wrenches. I am south of you in California, MD (hour south of DC).

Old 03-17-2017, 07:12 PM

Thanks Mate!!
I will pop over to mid atlantic and see whats going on..
I'm looking forward to next saturday when she is delivered!
thanks again!!

Old 03-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 512 Likes on 413 Posts

Welcome and hope you have many miles of pleasure. You mentioned soft close doors. Soft close doors were introduced in 2014 and were not available prior to that.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Hi Jason,

Did you buy your 2012 XJL locally from a Jaguar dealer? Is it CPO car? Do you have all the service records? Did you have a Jaguar dealer and body shop qualified to do aluminum repairs do Pre-Purchase Inspections?

You could use the same checklist that a Jaguar dealer uses to determine if a used car meets the requirements to be marketed as Jaguar Certified Pre Owned. That checklist is available on Jaguar's website. Lots of other checklists are available on the internet.

Stuart

Old 03-18-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by XJsss
Welcome and hope you have many miles of pleasure. You mentioned soft close doors. Soft close doors were introduced in 2014 and were not available prior to that.
Thanks - good to know, I am thinking if i like this it will lead to a newer model sooner than later - we shall see!

Old 03-18-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Hi Jason,

Did you buy your 2012 XJL locally from a Jaguar dealer? Is it CPO car? Do you have all the service records? Did you have a Jaguar dealer and body shop qualified to do aluminum repairs do Pre-Purchase Inspections?

You could use the same checklist that a Jaguar dealer uses to determine if a used car meets the requirements to be marketed as Jaguar Certified Pre Owned. That checklist is available on Jaguar's website. Lots of other checklists are available on the internet.

Stuart
I actually am in Baltimore and purchased it from a dealer in Atlanta sight unseen (other than pics) - I can refuse on delivery and i have 7 days to refuse for full refund.

This isn't the first time I have purchased a car like this - I purchased an S600 from Philly a few yeas ago and it was a success so I am praying I will be good to go here as well!!

I purchased it sort of on a whim (unfortunately i have those tendencies) but I am usually lucky with them - I am very much looking forward to getting back into a Jag for a little bit.

thanks - hope to be chatting to everyone through the fun!!1

Old 03-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

What's the name of the dealer in Atlanta?

Old 03-19-2017, 04:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

Originally Posted by jfruhing
Hello All - I am new to the forum. .....
Welcome to the forum Jason,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
What's the name of the dealer in Atlanta?
Stuart this is my first experience with carvana - my buddy purchased a camaro from them two weeks ago and coulnt say enough about. hey happened to have an XKL in black so i went fro it.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum Jason,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham
Graham - will do thanks!!!