XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar rated #2 out of 32 car brands for Quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Our ways of reading English clearly differ as I cannot interpret what was written as you have.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:21 AM
GGG
Received 16,764 Likes on 12,153 Posts

I hope the references to 'Gangsta Rapper's & Crack Dealer's' and 'mafioso, pimps and drug dealers' are only a poor attempt at humour and not intended as a racist or ethnic slur. These have no place on the forum.

Graham

Old 09-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Banned
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 480 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
I hope the references to 'Gangsta Rapper's & Crack Dealer's' and 'mafioso, pimps and drug dealers' are only a poor attempt at humour and not intended as a racist or ethnic slur. These have no place on the forum.

Graham
I hope nobody took offense at my "poor attempt at" humor. I'm of German heritage, and if anyone pointed out that Hitler and his henchmen drove around in Mercedes Benz automobiles, I wouldn't take offense at those who made reference to a historical fact.
Having grown up in Chicago-land, I personally observed what the mafioso drove to their well documented mobster funerals, some in the upper-class North Shore where I lived, and believe me their was a ponderousness of black Cadillac vehicles. Now, of course, at that time Hoover's FBI and Mayor Daley denied the existence of the Mafia, but the Sunday Chicago Tribune printed maps showing which mafioso ruled what vices in what parts of the city and suburbs, including their names and pictures.
Pimp-mobiles and drug dealers, on the other hand, tended to be more garish, and their owners preferred long fur coats and feathers in their Stetson hats. These are historical facts.
As an old fart WASP of 73 years, I wouldn't be offended if someone pointed out that we, as a social-economic group, prefer Lincoln, Mercury and Ford four-door sedans (even though I've never owned any of them).
Personally, I've always been interested in cars the average gangsters, pimps, and drug dealers never took much interest in, like the XKE, and the current XJL Jaguar, two of the most beautiful cars that have ever graced mankind. Let's lighten up and enjoy our good fortune to own such marvelous machines.

The following users liked this post:
Mulmur (09-01-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

OK 'Tuff Guy', watch my lips, Poor attempt at Humor THIS!
No matter what you call it , the truth is the truth.
I'm the messenger, you ____ the messenger? I _____ back.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by dredic2014
I thought this forum was for sharing information about Jaguar and it's tradition?

To use this forum for your own personal commentary on a group of people is something I don't want to be part of. As an African American, your reference to "crack dealers" and "gangsta rappers" is insulting and has no place on this forum.
Gangsta rappers can be white! Ever see that movie Malibu's Most Wanted? Haha!

Old 09-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
I hope nobody took offense at my "poor attempt at" humor. I'm of German heritage, and if anyone pointed out that Hitler and his henchmen drove around in Mercedes Benz automobiles, I wouldn't take offense at those who made reference to a historical fact.
Having grown up in Chicago-land, I personally observed what the mafioso drove to their well documented mobster funerals, some in the upper-class North Shore where I lived, and believe me their was a ponderousness of black Cadillac vehicles. Now, of course, at that time Hoover's FBI and Mayor Daley denied the existence of the Mafia, but the Sunday Chicago Tribune printed maps showing which mafioso ruled what vices in what parts of the city and suburbs, including their names and pictures.
Pimp-mobiles and drug dealers, on the other hand, tended to be more garish, and their owners preferred long fur coats and feathers in their Stetson hats. These are historical facts.
As an old fart WASP of 73 years, I wouldn't be offended if someone pointed out that we, as a social-economic group, prefer Lincoln, Mercury and Ford four-door sedans (even though I've never owned any of them).
Personally, I've always been interested in cars the average gangsters, pimps, and drug dealers never took much interest in, like the XKE, and the current XJL Jaguar, two of the most beautiful cars that have ever graced mankind. Let's lighten up and enjoy our good fortune to own such marvelous machines.
As dumb as it sounds, my in laws are Jews and it is one of the reasons I steer clear of German cars... at least for my main driver! Ironically, my father in law drives a BMW. I did have one slip up with a 944 I owned. Honestly, with a car like this, I'm buying heritage, and the German heritage is not one I necessarily want to be thinking about when driving!

On Memorial Day Weekend this year, I had a Navy veteran come up to me and compliment my XKR while I was refueling it. He said he had an XK120 after the war and always loved Jags. His words were, "I'm Jewish and a lot of my relatives ended up in the furnaces, and I fought those Japs during the war," as a justification for buying British!

Last edited by amcdonal86; 09-16-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 480 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Gangsta rappers can be white! Ever see that movie Malibu's Most Wanted? Haha!
"Rap" is diarrhea of the mouth resulting from too small a cranium; it can afflict people of any race.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Well, concerning the quality issue, I do believe Jaguar has really pulled up their socks.. my last three jaguars have all been good and this goes back to when they started to improve.. maybe around 2004 and forward.
I believe JD power has a 3 month quality review and another that is longer term. If Jaguar can stay well above the average for a few years, then the quality perception should start to lose steam.
I went to the factory in late 2009 when they built my prior Jaguar, a 2010 XKR and I was really impressed with the cleanliness and the obviously upbeat and positive workers...hopefully this has continued.
They have really needed to improve the quality efforts of their suppliers.
Lawrence.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mulmur:
Angus (09-18-2014), johndahlheimer (09-17-2014)