XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Air suspension fault

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
les
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Air suspension fault

Hi.
See my post "Now that's odd " 4/30/2008. I think it may well give you a clue.
Les.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did see your other post and I was quite surprised at your discovery! Thank you for sharing it and I'm going to try it just like you recommend.

But maybe what this means is that the battery needs replacing?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:42 AM

Update on this thread:

Air Suspension Fault error message came back on last week. Took back to my dealer (2nd time) and told them to look for the problem because the first time they didn't touch anything.

Got news that it was an air compressor fault and they replaced it. Haven't gotten the car back yet, but I hope that's the end of this bug!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Not gonna say I told you so on the Air Suspension fault.....so just glad it is fixed. There is no software fix I know of for the trunk latch problem btw.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
les
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

My fault messages would come and go too soI would recommend that you are absolutely sure that your battery is not at fault.
It would not be beyond the realms of possibility that your dealer is going to make a good few bucks from you by pretending to fix a fault that does not exist by merely charging or changing your battery. Since I discovered that starting the engine whilst the steering wheel and drivers seat were auto adjusting caused a fault code to be displayed I have had no problems whatsoever!!! I am sure that Jaguar must be aware of this phenomenon so I am cynical to say the least. If it is a compressor fault, then why are they failing prematurely?
I could be wrong, but as we have so many rip off garages in the UK I havealways beenvery wary. Mind you, I have been modifying and Drag racing cars for years so I do know a thing or two! This is a big problem if you are not mechanically minded as the garages know straight away that you haven't a clue andmay rip you off accordingly.
P.S. Even if your dealer changes a faulty part that isn't really broken, they get a good deal financially from the manufacturer for doing so. All to do with the cost of labour,etc. At least in the UK they do!!!
Be warned folks. And please enjoy your Jag' as much as I do.Beautiful car and a joy to drive!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

we replace alot of compressors. up here.. i think they dont like the cold lol

The following users liked this post:
clivee (01-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

Not gonna say I told you so on the Air Suspension fault.....so just glad it is fixed. There is no software fix I know of for the trunk latch problem btw.
It's OK, you can say it!
The problem is that I can't bring my car to you and I have to work with who I've got where I am (grrr). Having the benefit of the collective knowledge here gives me much better position when pressing to get these warranty repairs done. At the very least, I'll know when it's time to look for someonenew if I feel they're just trying to pull one over on me. Bringing it back twice is a pain to be sure, but so far, my dealer is still doing OK. Obviously, they're not tech superstars like the guys in here (thank you, too Jag Genius), but at least they're willing to work with me.

BTW, I got the car back today and the error code was exactly the one you thought it was: C2303

Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 PM

4 shocks failling wud be pretty much impossible .. another example of you should of taken it to a dealer. for actual diagnosing ..would of been cheaper on your wallet.. shocks.. sometimes go but not all at once.. may need a compressor .. start car and put your ear to the left front bumper and if it takes more then 2-3 minutes of on time then it's worn out.. but if the light stays on then may be a relay problem or a fusebox problem

Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow that is harsh getting had for 4 shocks. One or two definitly. I concur with Genius.....compressor or relay.

Do not go back to that place again btw.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2004 XJ8 still under factory warranty.

Car rode beautiful.

I had the same air suspension fault.

Took it to one dealer and they diagnosed it with bad air compressor and replaced with a new unit.

Fault code did not return.

Car didn't ride well. It felt like the front was bottoming out when going over minor bumps and dips.

Took it dealer #2 (as I had moved) and they diagnosed it with a burned relay and replaced it.

Car still bottomed out over minor dips and bumps.

Took it back to dealer #2 again and they found a leaking shock and replaced it.

Car rides good again - a lot hassle though to obtain a solution to the error code and poor ride quality.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Hi,

My jag is experiencing this as well. Dealer says code c2303 is stored. Says they checked the reservoar for leaks as well as the air springs and found none. He says the compressor is not putting enough air (presure not reached under 3 minutes) and needs to be replaced. Does this sound reasonable?

The fault happened while I was driving on the highway in heavy traffic. The message stayed on and did not come off. I restarted the car several times.

~Venelin

Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my understanding that replacing the air compressor is a fairly common occurrence by dealers. The entire air suspension system seems to be problematic. That's why the air suspension is not covered at all by the Jaguar Select Care Warranty. Mine was covered under factory warranty - the dealer told me it would have cost approximately $2,000 if not. My compressor also did not meet the specs for putting out pressure within a certain time period.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:18 PM

According to FJT the code for the compressor not being able to reach presure on time is c2302. My concern is that the dealer is reporting a different code c2303, yet claims the same issue is the cause. I don't want to replace the compressor and two weeks later find out I have to replace something else.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM

they both can mean a compressor.. as long as there is no leaks in the system.. if compressor stays on more then 2 minutes on start up in the morning and there is no leaks then its garbage.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 PM

Thanks jag_genius,

I'm waiting for a remanufactured unit from http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...FR8ViQodHSaCzw

~Venelin

Old 10-30-2008, 04:45 AM

Mine was very consistent. It stayed on, regardless. The ride was ok though, may be it still had some air pressure in the reservoir.

I noticed a few day before I got the problem I was on a drive trough and put the car on park since there was a long line. I noticed the front of the car rising out of the blue.

Dealers have these compressors in stock. I decided to get it from these folks in LA since they were offering it for half the dealer price. If you are under warranty it should not matter to you.

When you drive above 70mph the suspension should switch from soft to hard mode for improved handling. May be that is what's triggering it.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 276 Posts

I also just got the air suspension fault light. It happened last winter one day and did not come back until today. Has anyone replaced a compressor themselves yet? It looks like a hard to reach area to work in.

Quick Reply: Air suspension fault