XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Finally! Video Interface/Camera/Smart Tv Box Install.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Marque
Hey Even, actually whatever is hooked up to the video interface, be it a camera, DVD, Computer etc, the switch will toggle thru each thing; it's just a matter of how many devices you have hooked to the video interface & the dip switches. As you see, I have just the camera & an Android tv box (Tronsmart Draco Telos) with Kodi, & an SD slot plus e-sata drive port, meaning "who needs a DVD player with all that storage!" Hahaha

As for the camera, you'd need to hook that to a relay for it to work correctly when switched to reverse, because for some odd reason, they decided to wire our reverse lights backwards, so basically, if you wired it straight to the reverse wire, the camera would actually ALWAYS be on when NOT in reverse, & OFF when IN reverse! (Go figure)

So me, wanting to be able to see it even when in drive, I just wired the camera to the license plate light power, put the switch right there on the J-gate, so that way when I'm about to reverse, my finger is right there on the button to toggle...

You did a great job my friend!! As for the reverse wire in the car you mean its negative trigger? im gonna go test it now. All that takes is one relay to solve. Also I found the RGB interface you use. About $150. Thanks for the the wiring info there im gonna hook up those five wires same way you documented.

Also your constant power in the glove. You can either run power from the ignition harness or go to the fuse box find what fuse supplies power for that socket and change the feed to constant.

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 12-04-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Trinh
You did a great job my friend!! As for the reverse wire in the car you mean its negative trigger? im gonna go test it now. All that takes is one relay to solve. Also I found the RGB interface you use. About $150. Thanks for the the wiring info there im gonna hook up those five wires same way you documented.

Also your constant power in the glove. You can either run power from the ignition harness or go to the fuse box find what fuse supplies power for that socket and change the feed to constant.
Yeah that's all you need to do in regard to the reverse..

On the constant power, yeah I actually did that (took out the relay on the rear fuse box & bridged it) but I didn't like that.

With my new TV BOX, it powers on with the car, so I don't have to open the glove box to power it on like I did with the 1st one I had.

(& fyi, bridging that power changes all of the aux power sockets in the car {Which you probably know already})

Are you gonna put a 2nd switch on ur camera to view anytime, or just roll with the reverse?..

Old 12-04-2015, 02:12 PM

Yeah that's all you need to do in regard to the reverse..

On the constant power, yeah I actually did that (took out the relay on the rear fuse box & bridged it) but I didn't like that.

With my new TV BOX, it powers on with the car, so I don't have to open the glove box to power it on like I did with the 1st one I had.

(& fyi, bridging that power changes all of the aux power sockets in the car {Which you probably know already})

Are you gonna put a 2nd switch on ur camera to view anytime, or just roll with the reverse?..
sweet! I think just have it trigger on with reverse. Maybe toggle a front camera for fun. idk lol But I have a MAC mini im thinking about that as the other video input.

Your giving me too many ideas man! like ur style

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 12-04-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Evan Trinh
sweet! I think just have it trigger on with reverse. Maybe toggle a front camera for fun. idk lol But I have a MAC mini im thinking about that as the other video input.

Your giving me too many ideas man!
Haha. Nicse! That'd be sweet too! It's small enough to go in the glove compartment. (I think it's better in there due to ur data connection vs being in the rear)

Old 12-04-2015, 02:24 PM

Haha. Nicse! That'd be sweet too! It's small enough to go in the glove compartment. (I think it's better in there due to ur data connection vs being in the rear)
Will do that! thanks.. Have a great day man!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

Hi why did you not use a gvif unit in the jag, (nice write up by the way )if I have this right once the interface is wired in then everything then connects to the interface

Old 12-05-2015, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by clifton94
Hi why did you not use a gvif unit in the jag, (nice write up by the way )if I have this right once the interface is wired in then everything then connects to the interface
That's correct Clifton in regard to connecting everything to the interface; this particular one has 3 inputs; as for the GVIF, they don't make them for our cars, or that would have been a definite buy, being it's just plug & play (that's what I put on my RRS) So our only option is either the video interface I bought (there's a newer version that came out RIGHT AFTER I bought mine) or the NavTool..

& thanks too!..

Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM

Btw, I figured out a way to not muck up the OEM SCREEN while it's on NAV when using the Android BOX touch screen. It's a pretty easy fix actually,,,,,,,,,,,, Take the NAV DVD OUT! Hahaha (I don't use that NAV anyway)

Old 12-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Hi you get the sound from another source does the sound come out of all speakers

Last edited by clifton94; 12-05-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:39 AM

Hi you get the sound from another source does the sound come out of all speakers
Sound is thru the system via @Veffremov Bluetooth box which uses the fiber optic. Sounds as stock as you will possibly get!..

Old 12-06-2015, 04:22 PM

We're did you get that box from

Old 12-06-2015, 05:49 PM

We're did you get that box from
Reach out to Veffromov

Old 12-09-2015, 08:29 AM

I made this for Evan, as I was telling him about TASKER, but I figure everyone may wanna see this app.

TASKER IN ACTION

I was driving @the time so you'll hear the noise in the background; I recorded my phone screen actions with "SCREENCAST PRO". This all is for Android devices only, & my phone is rooted (Hence the Screencast recording)

The following users liked this post:
Evan Trinh (12-14-2015)
Old 01-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Marque, thanks for the write up and taking the time to answer some of my questions via email.

I too have the Transport AW80 and will load tasker and Torque Pro. I've figured out how to set it up so when I start the vehicle, Transport starts, then tanker launches and starts up Torque pro - so far so good.

My question is as follows. If I read it right, your connecting to the front display through the Nav unit in the trunk.
What is the default view when you turn on the front display?
Do you have to turn on the front display, then select Nav, then push the button you installed to see the media box?

I know that's what they do on the XK's.

Question is, can you default the wiring to the transport view when you start the car? Then by using the button, switch to the nav screen?

Everyone that has installed the HKS Camp2 via GVIF complains about the same thing. They have to select Nav on the screen, then toggle to the video. They would rather turn on the car and start on the video screen, then toggle to the nav screen.

Thoughts?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:05 PM
Default ...

I wouldn't think there'd be a way to do that. I just toggle through the button to that screen, which isn't a bother bc of the placement of the button...

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

I kind of thought so. Thanks again.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member

It would be so cool if tasker could be used to control the converter!

Old 01-29-2017, 12:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,893 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Well done!
(Subscribing to this thread so I can find it again later.)

Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Well done!
(Subscribing to this thread so I can find it again later.)
Very koolz!..

Old 03-28-2019, 10:38 PM

I now have thee ULTIMATE SCREEN in my Jag! 10.5" Screen/Tablet!!!

Quick Reply: Finally! Video Interface/Camera/Smart Tv Box Install.