XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

New cat in the team

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Received 43 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New cat in the team

Dear Friends
My name is Santiago and I am from Barcelona Spain. I already introduced myself in the new members área.
I was not registered in the fórum, but in a way I am not new because I have been reading you all for a long time in order to learn as much as I could about the XJ350 or 358. These cars are not easy to find in Spain, but after a long and patient search I finally found a beautiful XJ358 with 95000 Km in mint condition, either cosmetically and mechanically. I have a debt of gratitude with you all for all the advice you share in this fórum, because thanks to you I could examin the car in full detail and pay special attention to those things that specifically affect this car. I could make a fully informed purchasing decisión and I am now extremely happy with the car because it excedes my already high expectations.
I am only 45, and most of my friends thought that I was crazy for liking an "old man's car". The "nicest thing" they told me about the car was that it is suited only for Hannibal Lecter, the Addams Family or the villain at a James Bond movie. They all said that..........until they saw the car and got in. They are all used to own high end cars and are not easily impressed, but they had to swallow their words. One of them even said "it is the most elegant car I have ever seen, so much that it does not need to be ostentatious". That was a nice compliment!!
Once again I want to thank you all for your priceless advice. I also want to thank you for something important: I lived in the US for 12 years, specifically in NY and NJ. As a respectful immigrant I did my best in adapting to your country, and you Americans treated me so well that I consider the US my second homeland. If any of you decides to visit Barcelona, please let me know and I will do my best to welcome you and help you have a nice and pleasant stay in my city. I extend that to all fórum members, whether you are from the US, UK, Australia, Canada or Antarctica. After all, we are now Jaguar brothers.

Attached Thumbnails New cat in the team-img-20161215-wa0016_ink_li.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by santi:
pkoko (01-11-2017), tarhealcracker (01-16-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar ownership! It appears you have certainly found a beautiful example.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Received 12,731 Likes on 6,376 Posts

Hello Santiago!

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums and congratulations on your beautiful X358! It's great to have you with us.

My son is a soccer player and FCB is our favorite team, so if we ever fulfill our dream of visiting Barcelona to see a game at the Camp Nou we'll look you up!

Cheers,

Don

Old 01-13-2017, 07:11 AM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Beautiful car! Be careful what you wish for, friend. We might all show up to Barcelona en masse!

Old 01-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

Nice! Bet ya' don't many of them around your way!

Old 01-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome Santi! You truly are a friend and we wish you many more years of joyous ownership and driving of your beauty!

Old 01-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 739 Likes on 622 Posts

Good luck with the Jag Santi.

My daughter in law is from the Basque country

and a paella expert!! lol

Old 01-16-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by meirion1
Good luck with the Jag Santi.

My daughter in law is from the Basque country

and a paella expert!! lol
Dear meirion1
In the Basque Country food is almost a religión, so you MUST ask your daughter in law to show you real Basque récipes and to forget about vulgar paellas. She would have problems competing with a Mediterranean guy like me . Every year I organize paellas for more than 50+ friends at my place, and as you can see in the pic, if the pan was just one inch bigger, Spanish law would consider it a surf board rather than a kitchen utensile!
Jokes apart, I am extremely happy with the Jaguar. As I said before it was a carefully meditated decisión, and the car is proving me that I was 120% right!

Attached Thumbnails New cat in the team-20150912_153338.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by anindyam
Beautiful car! Be careful what you wish for, friend. We might all show up to Barcelona en masse!
When I lived in the US my job took me to Texas several times, and I always found very friendly people who treated me extremely well. Treating them the same way when they visit Barcelona is the least I can do. And of course, I would pick you up at the airport with a car that "looks familiar"

Old 01-16-2017, 05:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Love the pics!!