XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

XJR Pipe with connector from supercharger outlet

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XJR Pipe with connector from supercharger outlet

Good Afternoon Guys

I have posted this on the UK forum but didn't really include a good explanation so sorry if I am repeating the thread.
I am reassembling my X350 XJR 2004 after cleaning the throttle body etc. and whilst doing so, I found this pipe (see pictures) loose / disconnected and uncapped which runs from the supercharger outlet assembly. it appears to be an air tube of small diameter with a plastic nozzle. The workshop diagram shows the stub of the pipe but not the pipe itself. Can anyone advise (a) is it meant to plug into anything and (b) if it turns out to be some sort of test point rather than part of the necessary 'mechanics' , does it need to be capped, because other than that, air can leak from the supercharger.
Any advice would be much appreciated because the manual doesn't even seem to recognise it apart from the stub on the diagram.

Thanks in advance for your help
Keith B (Runcoach 100)

Attached Thumbnails XJR Pipe with connector from supercharger outlet-pipe-supercharger-outlet-connector-end.jpg   XJR Pipe with connector from supercharger outlet-pipe-supercharger-outlet.jpg   XJR Pipe with connector from supercharger outlet-x350supercharger-outlet-pipe-lowrez.jpg  
Old 02-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Ok original post I made was incorrect.

That pipe is supposed to connect to another pipe at the rear of the LHS charge cooler bank.

I have a pic of that area from my car but it is very "congested" in that area.

I removed an electrical "mass" from that screw thread to take the pic plus I have a T connection with a cap on one tube because I broke the original straight connector which you show still attached on the tube in your pic.

Attached Thumbnails XJR Pipe with connector from supercharger outlet-p1080144.jpg  

Last edited by jackra_1; 02-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jackra_1:
Panthro (02-20-2017), paydase (02-19-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you so much. As you say, there are a mass of wires in that area. I will have a look tomorrow with a torch and see if I can find where it connects. I'll print your picture and see if I can locate it with that. I'll let you know how I get on. Do you perchance know its function. What amazes me is that the manual seems to ignore it.
Keith B

Old 02-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

This is the hose that runs from the outlet of the supercharger to the fuel pressure sensor by the looks of it.

Do yourself a favour, secure the hose to the barbed joiners with little cable ties tightly, this was a vacuum/boost leak on my XJR.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
Panthro (02-20-2017), paydase (02-19-2017)