XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

drivers power seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers power seat

My drivers power seat stopped working......any idea on what could be the cause?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by awil
My drivers power seat stopped working......any idea on what could be the cause?
Mine stopped working recently and it was the control module under the seat that was faulty

Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine stopped working and I read somewhere that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting might work. I tried it and IT DID. In my case the memory light was staying lit on the door's seat memory controls. The battery trick fixed everything and my seat controls have been working fine.

A TSB came out from Jaguar telling dealer to replace the control module in this case...but I don't plan to do so.

Last edited by 95XJRBlack; 02-25-2014 at 06:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wilsongsx (03-18-2014)
Old 02-19-2014, 02:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Check the following fuse locations in blue in the image below. Mine stop working and I just had to pull and re-install them and my seats started to work. Yours may have blown but see if this helps you get to root cause.

Attached Thumbnails drivers power seat-heelboard-seat-fuses.gif  
Old 02-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Attached Thumbnails drivers power seat-heelboard-seat-fuses-2.gif  
Old 02-25-2014, 03:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My seat back tilt motor quit working on my driver's seat and the seat was partially tilted back, so now it is very uncomfortable to drive. I have to use a pillow behind my back for comfort, but the headrest is useless in case of a rearend accident. I pulled the seat out and saw that the motor is near the front right side, but has a flex shaft going back to the gearbox at the back of the seat bottom that controls the tilting. It looks quite difficult to remove. Does anybody know how to get it out for replacement. I found a replacement for about $100, but haven't bought it yet, because I was concerned it would be too difficult to remove the original.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driver's seat stuck - no motion

My driver seat electronics just stopped working.

In folks' experience, is it the motor(s) typically or is it the control switch?

(I've already checked the fuses and they are fine).

Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi
I recently replaced my driver seat ECU Module. The part number is LNA 2165 AD which was the latest revision of this part. It is easy to replace. You will need a torx screw to remove the seat anchors. Tip the seat back. The module is held in place with 1 screw. Unplug the 4 leads, 2 Blue Leads from the Floor and 2 white leads from the seat. Pop in the replacement.. see attached pic of the module.
I hope this helps.
BigBossRadio in Dallas tx

Attached Thumbnails drivers power seat-x300-seat-module-2-1-.jpg  
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by BigBossRadio:
Jane Cavanagh (12-30-2015), wilsongsx (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by BigBossRadio
Hi
I recently replaced my driver seat ECU Module. The part number is LNA 2165 AD which was the latest revision of this part. It is easy to replace. You will need a torx screw to remove the seat anchors. Tip the seat back. The module is held in place with 1 screw. Unplug the 4 leads, 2 Blue Leads from the Floor and 2 white leads from the seat. Pop in the replacement.. see attached pic of the module.
I hope this helps.
BigBossRadio in Dallas tx
Thanks BigBossRadio. How did you determine the issue was not the switch but the ECU? Is there any easy way to test?

Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I disconnected my seat motor and jumped 12V to it from the battery and it didn't move, so I deduced that the motor had died. mine is for the seat back tilt and I haven't yet figured out how to get it out without removing the leather covers, so I'm living with it for now in a slightly tilted position. anybody know how to get it out? It's a 2 part motor/gearbox with the gearbox back at the back of the seat and the motor way up under your knee and a cable between the two.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:10 PM

An easy way to test if the issue is the switch vs the control module is to swap the driver's and passenger modules. The only difference between the two is the memory feature built into the driver's module.

I installed the passenger unit into my driver's seat and things worked perfect (except the memory, of course).

Now I know the problem is the control unit and not the switch (or any fuses).

On my 1997 Vanden, the model #'s are:
DRIVER SIDE: LNA 2165 AD
PASSENGER SIDE: DBC 11828

Easily found on ebay in the $50 - $100 range.

The following 2 users liked this post by wilsongsx:
BigBossRadio (03-24-2014), Jane Cavanagh (12-30-2015)
Old 03-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi
I knew that I had a wiring problem to begin with, since some wires were broken off between the seat switch and the control module..... these broken wires may have caused my module to go faulty...... After I sorted out the wiring problem I did confirm the module was faulty so I went a ahead and got one on ebay, popped it in and everything worked. Do be sure you get the "Memory type" ECU module.

If you have any other questions do drop me a line

BigBossRadio in Dallas TX

Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Angry Replacement Memory Module doesn't work

I need some quick advice.

My driver's seat adjustment module went out a few weeks ago

I swapped it with the passenger module and now it works fine

I ordered a used (but "tested" and "working") driver's module last week

It arrived today and I installed it. DOA.

Put the passenger module back in and things work fine.

QUESTION: Is this most likely another bad driver's module or could there be another problem? I am assuming it's the module since the switch works fine and all the motors in the seat respond to the switch commands.

IS there some sort of re-set or programming that needs to happen?

If not, I will return this DOA unit to the ebay seller who sold me a bad unit!

Old 03-28-2014, 04:45 AM
Received 315 Likes on 224 Posts

Because the memory function on my drivers seat isn't working, although the seat responds to all switch operations, I swapped the module out for the one from my donor car. Same part number etc. It is still the same, but the replacement module works fine, as the seat will move to pre set memory positions on positions 1,2 and 3, once the seat is moved forward manually.

So, basically, what I'm saying is, there is no actual programming needed. It is just "plug and play". All that's needed is to set the memory positions, if applicable.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 269 Likes on 201 Posts

I am reviving this thread as my memory power seat is not working. The mechanic tested the motors and relays and all were well, so we thought that it might be the memory seat ECU. I have read the TSB and this and other threads about power seats, but replacing the 15A fuses with 20A's, switching the ECU from the passenger seat and installing a used ECU bought from eBay did not fix the problem. There simply isn't any power to the seat motors. These leave me to wonder
(a) whether the replacement ECU I bought from eBay was no good (it carries a Jaguar's Label clearly stating Part No. LNA2165AD with memory function for X300, but the eBayer said it was removed from an S-type (LHD) and would also fit similar models from 2000 through 2002);
(b) whether there are other seat relays situated in weird locations which I may have missed; and
(c) whether there are other wiring issues.
Any suggestion on where else to look further would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Qvhk; 02-22-2017 at 12:05 AM.