XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Front bumper not fitting correctly on one side

Old 10-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Received 172 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Front bumper not fitting correctly on one side

I just installed a replacement plastic slider block that supports the part of the front bumper that wraps around the side of the car to the lower part of the front fender. Unfortunately now that that end of the bumper is properly secured to the understucture, there is a droop to that side of the bumper that causes a gap between that wrap around part of the bumper and the lower edge of the front fender. There is a small bit of up & down adjustment to the positioning of this plastic slider block when bolting it to the structure under the fender but I already have it as far up as it can go.

I took a couple photos showing the gap, the position of the slider block and the opposite bumper edge which has a normal gap where it meets the lower leading edge of the front fender.

Anyone have any suggestions about what might cause this? I looked at the understructure of the car where this bolts on but I do not see any wreck damage here that would cause something like this.

Gap at the back edge of the front bumper on 1997 X300 XJ6

Plastic slider support block behind the wrap around edge of the front bumper on a 1997 XJ6

Normal bumper to fender gap on other side of the car.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Received 193 Likes on 122 Posts

Maybe the hook to the bumper itself broken down.