XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Fuel Tank Connections

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 01:45 PM
MNC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank Connections

Hello everyone - this is my first post on here.

My car is a Jaguar XJ8 Automatic 3248cc Petrol first registered in March 1999.

I have problems with the 2 push in type pipe connectors built into the underside of the fuel tank. They are damaged and leaking. Is it possible to remove these female connectors built into the tank rather than having to replace the tank or are they a permanent 'sweated in' type fitting? Please see picture of the tank and the 2 fittings attached. Has anyone done this and if so how do you do it and where do you obtain replacement fittings please? Michael

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Tank Connections-p1030378.jpg  

Last edited by GGG; 11-30-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Emphasise Model & Year
Old 11-30-2016, 02:00 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Michael,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X308 forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 12-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,769 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Taking the tank out isn't all that hard, so don't be afraid to replace it, just make sure you either are almost empty or empty it. When I did my fuel pumps, I took a couple of 2x4's and placed them across the battery and spare tire pit and slid it out on them. Though of course when a pump fails, its almost full (like mine was)...I think that's automotive law or something. So I pulled...and tugged and wiggled...an almost full tank out using that method. An empty tank should be a breeze.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

Hi-

Might be available from SNG Barrat, forum sponsor. Diagram number 7 and 16.

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Tank Connections-fuel-xj-1.png   Fuel Tank Connections-fuel-xj-2.png