XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaguar EPC for Mac? I'm British Racing Green with envy.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM

I installed it today and it went great but if I click the VIN ID I get a box saying it can’t connect to the internet. The internet connection is ok. Is anyone else getting this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Bob

Old 02-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts

The only the local menu items work (not anything that needs to connect to the internet because those internet features require repair shops subscription).

Click on Model Range will display the model selection page.
Click on the down arrow before the Vin ID button will display a drop down model selection list on the right side of the screen.

Jim Lombardi

Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Thank you for this great tool, and very nice install write up

Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

Update - 4/24/14 See Post# 75 - has updated JEPC file that supercedes this Post - Now the JEPC download is only 1 file to download and install has been made easier.

Update: see post# 54 - new files and instructions.

propanephil
Here are some more instructions that are in post#11 by forum member OGee

Locate the following file:
C:\JEPC\applications\JEPC\index.html
Double clicking will display this message:
"If the JEPC Mark III application is not openned in a new window, click here to launch"
Click on it and VOILA! The catalog LOGIN page will be displayed!"

I verified it got me to the login page this morning.

Here is a JPEG of a screen capture showing the popup menu choices after the index.html opens (click on the jpeg to maxiumize it):

Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepc-index-html.jpg

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-24-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm on a Win 7 64 bit machine and the ADMIN 123 login fails - I gues that it's the OS? I can transfer it all to a legacy 32 bit XP machine if neccessary, but it would be easier to have it on my current workstation.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Update - 4/24/14 See Post# 75 - has updated JEPC file that supercedes this Post - Now the JEPC download is only 1 file to download and install has been made easier.

nigelmay
I have the JEPC installed on my win7 64 bit PC and it is working without any problems.
Look at previous post (post# 25) - try the login steps in the post.

If that does not work, then go down to post# 1 and go over the download and install steps:

Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions. - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-24-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 AM

Sorry Jim. I tried clicking on index.html, and I got a window saying "You have chosen to open JEPCIndex.hta which is a: HTML application (649 bytes) from C:\JEPC\applications\JEPC\html Would you like to save this file?"

There are only two options in the window, a Save button, and a Cancel button. Clicking on Save pulls up a window pointing at my Downloads directory, so I can't see that this is much use.

I looked at the html in index.html, and it points to JEPCIndex.hta. I found that file in the html sub-diretory, and double clicked on it. The login page does appear, but entering Admin and 123 does nothing at all.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

propanephil
I tried a few tests running the JEPC from C:\JEPC\applications\JEPC\html\JEPCIndex.hta

It brought up the Log in screen, but did nothing after I put in admin userid and 123 password.

Next I used the the JPEC icon (shortcut) - it brought up Log in screen and it processed the admin userid and 123 password correctly - then brought up the JEPC model selection screen.

I copied my JPEC shortcut file to my dropbox.com account. Try downloading it and see if it works on your PC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/comoxc20rx2wk9r/JEPC.lnk

I am not sure why running the JEPC from the shortcut works and does not work when I tried running it directly from C:\JEPC\applications\JEPC\html\JEPCIndex.hta.

It might have something to do with some kind of file path processing????

If the shortcut does not resolve the issue, then maybe you need to do the downloads and installation again.
I created a JPEG of the 2 JEPC folder properties summaries that show the number of folders/files and their file size (when the dropbox screen opens click on the image to get a sharper view):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0yh71zt43...nd%20files.jpg

The index.html should bring up the popup menu with 3 choices - Open, Save, or Save as. I updated post# 25 with a JPEG showing the popup menu.

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-24-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 129 Likes on 61 Posts

Won't load in Wine under Linux so I have some fiddling to do to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for providing the files/info!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks very much, I've now sorted out the installation issues I had, it was the idiot on the keyboard that caused the problems. A very useful asset.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Received 117 Likes on 54 Posts

can't someone throw it up on dropbox?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 AM

Nothing in the links worked, so I erased everything and started again, making sure to follow the instructions to the letter, and it worked this time. Dunno what it was? Thanks for your help Jim.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts
Default Having problems with setting up and running

Hi all. First problem is after I unzip and attempt to cut and paste to C drive. One file transfers but the bigger one gives me a message that says the file is in use by another program.
So then I tried copying, which worked but takes 20 minutes and I'm not sure the result is correct.
Has anyone encountered this and solved for?

Second, after the copy, launch, sign in. Every part I select randomly, no pics appear. When I select anything within the catalog I get the message no internet connection. Keep in mind this is after I'm in the catalog.
Has anyone encountered this problem.

In case it matters, Window 7 OS 64 bit.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member

Deleted this post. I will create new post that covers downloading 2 new archive files for JEPC (JEPC.exe that will create C:\JEPC folder and jepcv5.exe will create C\jepcv5 folder).

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-24-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by jimlombardi
Hi Sean
Try the following weblink to my newly created JEPC files - same file as in post #1 except it is now a self-extracting exe file - you just download the exe file to your desktop and run it --- here is the weblink to the jpeg file that has the instructions on exe file location, how to run exe to extract and set destination location (click on the image when webpage opens to get larger view of image):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/960lvda33y...he%20files.jpg

Download files location on dropbox.com:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jnbs1eok2wesui/EPC.exe

shortcut run location is (you need to substuite User with your user name):
C:\Users\User\Desktop\Jaguar Epc v3 10.2009\JEPC\applications\JEPC\html\JEPCIndex.hta

Here is the weblink to the instructions on how to create the jepc icon shortcut - also gives the file location info & file name to put into the shortcut plus the jag icon location and file name (click on the image when webpage opens to get larger view of image):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m78k1axhe...20shortcut.jpg

new shortcut name: JEPC
jag icon for shortcut - location is (you need to substuite User with your user name):
C:\Users\User\Desktop\Jaguar Epc v3 10.2009\JEPC\applications\JEPC\images\jag.ico

When you run the jepc shortcut icon on the desktop, the sign-in screen comes up asking for username (admin) and password (123).

Jim Lombardi

Thanks Jim, I'm still encountering the same issue. I've tried connecting via the shortcut and also via the index under JEPC Apps. I get this when I try to locate a part or when I try to add my VIN.

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-capture.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member

Sean
The reason you and the rest of us are not getting full access to the features of the JEPC (that require the internet connection) is that you need to be automobile repair facility who has a paid subscription to the JEPC for online access support.

Below the page banner "The New Jaguar EPC " are the internet online access that only work with a valid JEPC subscription logon and password:

such as Search, VIN Search, and VIN ID --- also the following on menu line above these:

Price Admin Advanced Search Dealer Notes View PIB View My Customers

One of the Jaguar Forum members provided the JEPC software in this forum thread, but login/password provided to access the software, but are not valid for the online JEPC services.

We are using this software to find part numbers & illustrations showing those parts that we are interested in finding.
Then we use the part number and part description to locate them online or somewhere else and this allows to shop for the best price for parts.

Jim Lombardi

Old 01-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

and another big thank you

Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Probesport
Won't load in Wine under Linux so I have some fiddling to do to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for providing the files/info!
I installed it on my Mac using the newest OS and Wine, but can't get it to load. I see all the files, etc. just can't get it to run. I have the same problem with another program (not Jaguar related) that I need to run on my Mac.

If you figure anything out, please let me know. I'm about ready to install Windows on my Mac, something I've considered for a while now but have always found a way to avoid it!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you, but it keeps telling me this: Authentication Failed

when i type in ADMIN and password: 123

Quick Reply: Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.