parting XJR100 and rebuilding my BRG XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

parting XJR100 and rebuilding my BRG XJR

Old 02-16-2017, 12:09 AM

Default parting XJR100 and rebuilding my BRG XJR

first of all, I am sorry that I have not been able to respond to many of you guys inquires for the parts.

at this moment, I am parting my XJR100 and swapping most of the good and XJR100 unique parts to my original racing green XJR.

I will swap entire XJR100 interior and wheels/calipers.

for the rest of the car, many parts are available but I am running into a few problem.

the engine has only about 100K miles on the clock and that is the last year for the model

transmission was just rebuilt less than 2 thousand miles ago.

the shop wont let me keep 2 cars there for too long, but I really dont know where I can find a good junk yard for the XJR100. there are still many good parts even i would need. If any one the strip the car for me. I would rather do that.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:23 PM

for quick easy storage go to Public Storage and get/rent a 10x25 and roll ur car in there to strip it down...then tow it to junk and scrap what is left that is non useable...just my two cent...
Old 02-18-2017, 03:51 AM
Veteran Member

Indeed, I'd be removing everything off the car even the stuff I didn't need and box it up.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent661983 View Post
at this moment, I am parting my XJR100 and swapping most of the good and XJR100 unique parts to my original racing green XJR.
Vinny, you're in NYC, chop-shop-central, for about 2-grand you should be able to get your XJR100 back on the road by next week. Seems sacrilegious to strip it down when it is rebuildable. I can refer a shop if you need it.