XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

wiring diagram harman kardon amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wiring diagram harman kardon amp

Hello ,
I want to use a new 1din radio in my xjr ,97 and want to try to connect the rca output to the original harman amp but it has no rca input but normal cables. So is there a wiring diagram of this amp to connect it to the original amp ?

Attached Thumbnails wiring diagram harman kardon amp-20140417_123016.jpg   wiring diagram harman kardon amp-20140417_123751.jpg  

Last edited by kuiper; 04-17-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry, I only just saw this thread! This forum has a bad habit of marking threads as read even though I haven't looked at them

Here is the electrical guide for your car. Premium stereo is on page 82.
http://www.gusglikas.com/images/Auto.../jagxj1999.pdf

I was hoping it would say which wire was for which channel, but sadly it doesn't. There are 6 wires in the plug, the Green wire is the common ground (-ve), so the rest will be a Front Left +ve, Front Right +ve, Rear Left +ve, Rear Right +ve, and I'm guessing the last is the 'remote on' signal. A quick play with the fade and balance on the headunit, and a multimeter, should tell you which is which.
You only really need to work out which is the remote on signal though, as once the rest are connected to RCA plugs you can just swap them around at the headunit.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kuiper - I'm putting a Pioneer DEH-80PRS in my '96 XJR soon. If you have a minute I'd love to hear some advice on how you tackled the wiring... Thanks!

Old 09-04-2014, 03:24 AM

What year is your car?
If you follow the link above, but possibly go back a page, you can find the wiring diagrams for all model years.

It should be pretty straight forward though... you might even get lucky and find an adaptor harness from the likes of Nexxia?
Will you be running the speakers from the headunit, factory amp, or aftermarket amp?

Old 09-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grandell
Sorry, I only just saw this thread! This forum has a bad habit of marking threads as read even though I haven't looked at them

I was hoping it would say which wire was for which channel, but sadly it doesn't. There are 6 wires in the plug, the Green wire is the common ground (-ve), so the rest will be a Front Left +ve, Front Right +ve, Rear Left +ve, Rear Right +ve, and I'm guessing the last is the 'remote on' signal. A quick play with the fade and balance on the headunit, and a multimeter, should tell you which is which.
You only really need to work out which is the remote on signal though, as once the rest are connected to RCA plugs you can just swap them around at the headunit.
Did anybody figure out this 6 pin plug?

Old 09-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by caferacer
Kuiper - I'm putting a Pioneer DEH-80PRS in my '96 XJR soon. If you have a minute I'd love to hear some advice on how you tackled the wiring... Thanks!
I've installed 3 DEH-80PRS units in XJ8s. I just went with a new 5 channel amp and the speaker connections already lead to the trunk, in the premium system at least. I just ran the RCA cables and amp lead under the center console. One had standard sound so I ran the speaker leads under the center console as well. Unless you just want everything original I would replace the speakers as well, the foam surrounds are almost always damaged. The original amp just can't match the clarity of modern units. The worst part is taking the rear seat out but good time to install Dynamat .

Old 09-17-2020, 07:51 PM
Default Harman kardon amp wiring for radio 1998 jaguar xjr

Looked everywhere nobody had this so I figured it out. Ok that 6 pin plug green is ground and Orange is the trigger for the amp the rest are the speakers positive that is all that is needed.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2020, 07:52 PM
Default Harman kardon amp wiring for radio 1998 jaguar xjr

Looked everywhere nobody had this so I figured it out. Ok that 6 pin plug green is ground and Orange is the trigger for the amp the rest are the speakers positive that is all that is needed.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 843 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Mcelhiney
...that 6 pin plug green is ground and Orange is the trigger for the amp the rest are the speakers positive...
Thanks for the info. The other 4 wires (Black, Yellow, Blue, Red) should not be speakers but Left & Right channels inputs to the amplifier for. Left Front, Left Rear, Right Front, Right Rear speakers. Have you determined which wire is for which channel?

Old 08-14-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by grandell

After clicking on the link, where do I go?

Old 08-15-2021, 04:26 PM

You don't. That link is old and broken.
What you want is JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource
Click on the year that matches your car