XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

worth selling as a parts car or scrap it?

Old 11-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question worth selling as a parts car or scrap it?

I bought a 1991 XJ40 with 77,000 miles to use the AJ6 and trans for a swap in my series 3 but have decided to just build another 4.2 instead.
My question is there any interest in it as a parts car or am I better off just scrapping it. The body is rust free all power windows and sunroof work, wipers work. One broken window and interior is shot. Fuel pump went out is why it was parked. I temporarily installed an external fuel pump. The engine runs quiet and trans shifts through all 4 gears and reverse all fluids are clean. It would cost way more to restore than it will ever be worth. If it's worth selling I will place an ad in the classified section, right now i'm just asking for advice. I don't have time to part it out myself so it will be sold complete or scrapped.
I am in northeast Nevada (middle of nowhere )

Old 11-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,121 Likes on 787 Posts

I wish you were a lot closer. If youre considering just "throwing it out" then why not try to get some of your cost back. Post it and see what happens. If no one bites then so be it.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinlow
I bought a 1991 XJ40 with 77,000 miles to use the AJ6 and trans for a swap in my series 3 but have decided to just build another 4.2 instead.
My question is there any interest in it as a parts car or am I better off just scrapping it. The body is rust free all power windows and sunroof work, wipers work. One broken window and interior is shot. Fuel pump went out is why it was parked. I temporarily installed an external fuel pump. The engine runs quiet and trans shifts through all 4 gears and reverse all fluids are clean. It would cost way more to restore than it will ever be worth. If it's worth selling I will place an ad in the classified section, right now i'm just asking for advice. I don't have time to part it out myself so it will be sold complete or scrapped.
I am in northeast Nevada (middle of nowhere )
​​​​​​buy parts? if you still have it i would love to buy some parts off it if youll ship them to scottsdale Az. its all small parts