Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New with a Series III

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
vjz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

I took the hose off of the end of the fuel rail. Fuel started dripping out before I even got the hose off. So, it's getting fuel TO the rail.

Next, I removed the cold start valve and tried to start the car. No fuel came out of the cold start valve.

Now, would that be a bad cold start valve, then? I was wondering, if the cold start valve is inoperable, does the car not allow the injectors to push fuel into the car, thus causing this no start that I have?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,425 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Originally Posted by vjz
Jose,

We got the Delco one through the local parts store, so I am assuming that it is correct. The numbers matched up. I am going to pop off the cold start valve and see about the fuel situation there here in a little bit.
great! it's the easiest way to find out if fuel is being moved by the fuel pump; I had a talk with Frank yesterday and he suggested some pumps may sound like they are working when in fact they are bad.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vjz
Update: I took the hose off of the end of the fuel rail. Fuel started dripping out before I even got the hose off. So, it's getting fuel TO the rail.

Next, I removed the cold start valve and tried to start the car. No fuel came out of the cold start valve. Now, would that be a bad cold start valve, then? I was wondering, if the cold start valve is inoperable, does the car not allow the injectors to push fuel into the car, thus causing this no start that I have?
I had a feeling... Really the only way I know is to substitute the Cold Start Injector with a known good one. If no fuel jets out with a good CSI, the fuel pump is suspect.

Also, Frank mentioned another simple test to see if the engine starts: spray starting fluid through the intake, if the engine starts, the fuel pump is the culprit.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Originally Posted by vjz
Update:

I took the hose off of the end of the fuel rail. Fuel started dripping out before I even got the hose off. So, it's getting fuel TO the rail.

That's good, but without a pressure test, not entirely conclusive

Next, I removed the cold start valve and tried to start the car. No fuel came out of the cold start valve.

Possibly inoperative or possible "timed out". The cold start injector is controlled by the thermotime switch. After a short period of cranking the circuit is "timed out" to prevent flooding

Now, would that be a bad cold start valve, then? I was wondering, if the cold start valve is inoperable, does the car not allow the injectors to push fuel into the car, thus causing this no start that I have?

No. The cold start system is entirely independent from the regular fuel ijection system.

Cheers
DD

Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 PM
vjz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a new fuel pump in the car, so I'm not sure. New pump and filter.

I'll have to get the gauge I guess.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

If it were I, the noid and the guage would alrady reside in my collection.

But, i am a bit of a tool junkie. I am always fixing stuff. Usually works, but on occasion, i just mess it up worse.

Yesterday was one outta two. Cleaned and reassmbled my old desk lamp from my office.
This time with the missing screw replaced. looks gool, now lighs up the keyboard for the new to me Acer down the desk a bit, about 7 feet.

Worked on two little mute Tsunami speakers for it. The LED that indicstes they are on power is bye, bye. I'll see if they work any way. I did a Jaguar thing on them, excercised the volumn pot and the on/off switch. If not, It just dawned on me that I have some LEDs from a bum jump box!!! i can solder in one of those!!!

Oh, primitive GM module test: Jump in a small light bulb in series on the wore from the distributor to the - post of the coil Crank the engine. A blinking light means it works. Steady or no light means trouble.

Good luck on the EXAMS. Oh me that brings back memories of cramming. Since then, I learned that a calm reading of the subject matter is superior. Took a long while to cstch on to that.

Carl

Old 09-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JagCad
I am always fixing stuff. Usually works, but on occasion, i just mess it up worse.
Mr. Carl,
you have been inducted in absentia and dementia, into the

"Trial-n-Error Nicians Inc. LLC Ltd. SA Union Association of the World".

Congratulations!