XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear control arm bearings

Old 09-02-2015, 04:13 AM
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Rear control arm bearings

Hi all, I'm new here, I lurk ALOT and use the forums as a great source of knowledge.

Anyhow, I'm in the process of cleaning up the rear suspension. Im starting to wonder if there is a place to get all these bearings other than specific jaguar websites (they charge an arm and a leg). So... Does anyone have a list of bearings with standard references? Such that I could go to someone who knows bearings and they could sell me the correct ones.

tldr; Anyone got a list of ISO bearing references for xj6 suspension?

Thanks in advance! :-D

Old 09-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Received 12,719 Likes on 6,372 Posts

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums! It's great to have you with us.

In order to assist you, we'll really have to know the year and model of your car. It helps if you just add that info to your signature line using your User Control Panel.

Hover your mouse over your username in the upper right corner of this page (at the lower right corner of the dark blue top banner). In the dropdown menu, click the first option, User CP.

In your Control Panel, find Edit Signature in the left column of options. Enter your car's year, model and engine in the signature window, then scroll down and Save Signature.

Also, since we're a friendly group, please visit the New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and post an introduction so we can learn something about you and your Jaguar and give you a proper welcome.

Cheers,

Don

The following users liked this post:
Harry Dredge (06-28-2016)
Old 09-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 8,928 Likes on 5,280 Posts

Hello, Harry, Welcome to our playroom from ElinorB.

I'm a little confused by your reference to rear control arm bearings. As far as I know, the only bearings in the rear end are in the differential and wheel hubs with U-joints on the stub axles. I could be wrong of course, but I thought everything else was bushings.
(';')

The following users liked this post:
Harry Dredge (06-28-2016)
Old 09-03-2015, 03:04 AM
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey all thanks for the replies, for anyone wondering I own a 1980 Daimler Sovereign 4.2. It's Portland beige, like the one in Minder :-P

Thanks I will introduce my self over there, just shy you see.

As for no bearings I'm pretty certain there is haha, I have seen them on scparts. I believe they are in the rear control arm at the end closest to the diff. Right next to them is where the bushings would go, I have these but if I pull apart everything to install bushings I may as well do bearings haha. What are your thoughts?