Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Classics ) > XJS
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJS 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Default 1990 XJS radio removal

So, I can't get the bitch out. I need the serial number on it so I can get the code from the dealer. Its the original tape deck Jag radio and I need to get it working. Does anyone know any easy way to remove it?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 PM

Default RE: 1990 XJS radio removal

I'll check back tomorrow in hopes of some answers. I understand that this forum moves slower than others that I'm used to, but I hope there will be some insight on this subject soon. Thanks again for atleast looking.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Photobucket

Pull both climate control knobs, straight off, use a 90 degree seal pick if they're tight.

Underneath each is a barrel nut, there is a factory tool to loosen them but if you dig through your selection of needle nose pliers/ snap ring pliers you can find something that will work.

Carefully remove the climate control faceplate, use the 90 degree seal pick in the lower slot and at the corners to pull it loose. It's stuck, there is nothing else securing it to the console.

Don't cut or break the six black fiber optic strands to the panel, just lay it flat out of your way.

The radio chassis is retained by four plastic rivets: push the centers in, then you can pull the plastic rivets...and the radio chassis... out of the cenrer console.

For reassembly, get some 1/8 aluminum pop rivets. Knock the rivet heads off of the nails, and use the rivet heads to push into the centers of the plastic rivets to expand them when reinstalled.

The Following User Says Thank You to JagtechOhio For This Useful Post:
EcbJag (04-01-2011)
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 PM

Thank you Ohio. I really needed that info. I'll start working on it in the next few days or so. I've got a big ticket at work (underhood work) so my back and the backs of my knees are sore right now. I don't feel like doing anything but sit here.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 PM

Tags
1990, 90, car, code, install, jaguar, location, radio, removal, remove, replace, stereo, xj6, xjs, xks