XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

FastCat Sway Bar Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts
Default SportCat Sway Bar Kits?

Does anyone know where I can get a SportCat sway bar upgrade kit for a 1996 XJS Convertible 2+2?

Just to warn people; I bought one a couple years ago from the guy at V12Performance and loved them on my '95 V12. They still have them on their website but now I can't get a response from the guy anymore. Last I heard from him was a Monday and he said he expected some in later that week, said he had a tracking number and they was arriving Thursday, and said I could pay for it with a CC and he'd turn around and ship one out to me as soon as he got it. However, I was gonna be in Dallas (where he's located) the following week anyway and asked if I could just pick it up in person and save the shipping. He said yes, then started having some excuses about them being delayed from his supplier (even though when he asked for my CC they was supposedly already on the way), said if I paid via CC he'd just have it instead shipped straight from his supplier to me because they was about to ship them (originally had said they'd already been shipped), I said I still had time, would still be late the following week before I got to Dallas so could still just pick it up in person since he said they was once again on the way and would be the the coming Monday. After that he disappeared off the face of the planet and I'm very glad I didn't give him my CC. His customer svc. has clearly gone way down hill since I ordered the set a few years ago. I notice now others are leaving negative comments on feedback sites about the website as well, saying how they'd pay for things that then either never arrived, or would get endless excuses as to why something supposedly in stock was now delayed and if their parts showed up at all would be weeks or even months later.

Anyways, I want both the front and rear kits.

Last edited by SouthernGypsy; 04-24-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:37 AM
Received 324 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernGypsy
Does anyone know where I can get a SportCat sway bar upgrade kit for a 1996 XJS Convertible 2+2?

Just to warn people; I bought one a couple years ago from the guy at V12Performance and loved them on my '95 V12. They still have them on their website but now I can't get a response from the guy anymore. Last I heard from him was a Monday and he said he expected some in later that week, said he had a tracking number and they was arriving Thursday, and said I could pay for it with a CC and he'd turn around and ship one out to me as soon as he got it. However, I was gonna be in Dallas (where he's located) the following week anyway and asked if I could just pick it up in person and save the shipping. He said yes, then started having some excuses about them being delayed from his supplier (even though when he asked for my CC they was supposedly already on the way), said if I paid via CC he'd just have it instead shipped straight from his supplier to me because they was about to ship them (originally had said they'd already been shipped), I said I still had time, would still be late the following week before I got to Dallas so could still just pick it up in person since he said they was once again on the way and would be the the coming Monday. After that he disappeared off the face of the planet and I'm very glad I didn't give him my CC. His customer svc. has clearly gone way down hill since I ordered the set a few years ago. I notice now others are leaving negative comments on feedback sites about the website as well, saying how they'd pay for things that then either never arrived, or would get endless excuses as to why something supposedly in stock was now delayed and if their parts showed up at all would be weeks or even months later.

Anyways, I want both the front and rear kits.
Been having the same problem. Ordered the injector hose from him some time back(about a yr or so) and got them no problem. three weeks ago order the fan belt kit and valve cover decals and got the same excuse, have tried 3 emails and one phone call with no response. Monday I will call again and if no response I will be contacting PayPal about it. wish I have seen this before ordering

Old 04-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

+1

I ordered a lot of stuff from him the first time...... All great. Then I went for the twin fan kit and the problems started.

Seems to be a one man operation and it's a side job, so no inventory. Shame because most of the stuff is ok, but after being burned once I couldn't use him again