XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

MY 2010 Tail Light Upgrade Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
I might be interested but why hasn't Adamesh provided support? I would be getting rid of my factory lights so perhaps we can do a deal.
I have been in contact with Geoff and he said they test the lights before they ship so is confident the lights themselves are not the problem. The lights seem to work as they should, however my car just seems to have an issue with them and keeps triggering the warning. The only thing I can think of with the adamesh kit is that maybe I need to replace the bulbs in the cheater lights to a different model? I am going to play around with them a bit more this evening.

As I said I have also recently tried these resistor packs but am still triggering a warning (although a different warning), yet another reason I am questioning if the issue lies with the car itself

Old 03-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

If you decide to sell the LED lights, and jahummer (1st in line) doesn't take them, I'd be interested in purchasing them also.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by M6XKR
I have been in contact with Geoff and he said they test the lights before they ship so is confident the lights themselves are not the problem. The lights seem to work as they should, however my car just seems to have an issue with them and keeps triggering the warning. The only thing I can think of with the adamesh kit is that maybe I need to replace the bulbs in the cheater lights to a different model? I am going to play around with them a bit more this evening.

As I said I have also recently tried these resistor packs but am still triggering a warning (although a different warning), yet another reason I am questioning if the issue lies with the car itself
Okay, well let me know what you decide. I am interested. Thank you!

Old 03-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Alright, just an update for you guys on the LEDs. It still might be too early to tell as I need to test this a bit further here the next couple days, but it appears as though I may have fixed the warning light issue! I was up late last night working on the wiring so I didn't spend a whole lot of time testing it once I had it running. Basically, the recommended resistances on this thread although close, were not the correct values in my case. After running the calculations I found I was near the upper power draw range the XKR was looking for. I increased the resistance slightly which dropped my power draw. I wired everything back and ran the car for a couple minutes and saw no errors! Previously I would see warning lights within 10 seconds of starting the car and using the brake. So while it may be a bit premature to officially say problem solved, I am feeling very good about this new resistor arrangement.
I will report back in a couple days with more details if it indeed has been fixed.

The following 2 users liked this post by M6XKR:
jahummer (03-11-2015), sherbercars (03-10-2015)
Old 03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by M6XKR
Alright, just an update for you guys on the LEDs. It still might be too early to tell as I need to test this a bit further here the next couple days, but it appears as though I may have fixed the warning light issue! I was up late last night working on the wiring so I didn't spend a whole lot of time testing it once I had it running. Basically, the recommended resistances on this thread although close, were not the correct values in my case. After running the calculations I found I was near the upper power draw range the XKR was looking for. I increased the resistance slightly which dropped my power draw. I wired everything back and ran the car for a couple minutes and saw no errors! Previously I would see warning lights within 10 seconds of starting the car and using the brake. So while it may be a bit premature to officially say problem solved, I am feeling very good about this new resistor arrangement.
I will report back in a couple days with more details if it indeed has been fixed.
Look forward to your followup. Interesting you are finding different resistance.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by georgekale
I was working on a putting a kit together with the relays, resistors and brackets.
I have some relays and resistors, but it will require assembly.
If anyone is interested, let me know.
Any updates on this?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:44 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was about to purchase the adamesh kit until I read this! Any update from them?

George, did you get the harness kit going? I'd also be willing to buy this from you also since yours seems to be the only one without issue for a prolonged period of time

Old 02-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

I was hoping George would chime in on this, but he may not be monitoring this forum anymore.
I had a PM exchange with him in mid-June last year, and he said the harness kit project didn't have enough interest, so it wasn't done.
He also had his 2007 XKR up for sale at that time (with perfectly working LED tail lights).
I suspect he sold it, and that would explain his absence from the forum (our loss, he was a great contributor).