XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2010 convertible top - reset?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 convertible top - reset?

Hi, my first posting on this site and hopefully it' a easy fix. I purchased a 2010 XK convertible a couple weeks ago and thoroughly enjoying my new ride. The car has tinted windows which was too dark for the car to pass MD state inspection. While removing the film on the back window I put the top half way open to be able to get access to the back window. Got the film off and started on the glue when I decided I needed more towels which were inside the house. Came back just to see the top almost closed (about 3" space separating the top and the front edge).

The power button doesn't want to close the top OR open the top. It's like the top is dead... is there a way I can reset the system (read somewhere to disconnect the negative terminal form the battery for 10 minutes and it might reset it)? I didn't want to manually do anything if I didn't have to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Steve

Old 01-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Try holding the top open button for a solid minute and see if it eventually engages.

If not, you will need to reset it. The reset procedure is in the owners manual and involves manually lowering the top.

If you get stuck, contact me. We are not that far and maybe I can help. I make the remote top accessory for this car and am really familiar with the peculiarities of the top.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks WhiteXKR, strange I was looking at your site for insite. Interested in your remote... maybe when the weather warms up.

I'm going to read the owners manual and try to figure this out.

Steve