XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

OBD Reader for ABS Codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 110 Likes on 31 Posts
Default OBD Reader for ABS Codes

Does anyone have a known combination of OBDII Dongle and an APP that will read the ABS codes? I have an intermittent ABS error that keeps killing the traction control and cruise for a few days at a time, I'd like to figure out which sensor it is.

So far Ive tried the LELink and Hikeren OBDII dongles. The LELink works well for reading all of the data (temps, speeds, pressures, etc), but when I tell it to read the "extended codes" which should include ABS, it just returns "0 emissions codes available" The Hikeren interferes with the car somehow, sitting in park the speedometer will start jumping to 10 or 20 mph every few seconds, which causes the motor to start backing down on revs, eventually killing the car. Not sure if I got a lemon or if that model has an issue.

I tried O'Reilly's and AutoZone, but their scanners don't pick up ABS codes.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,538 Likes on 889 Posts

Could it possibly be either the brake light switch or steering angle sensor I just replaced these two items on my e550

Old 03-19-2017, 09:30 AM

I can't rule it out, but since this started just a few days after I completely rebuilt the suspension, which involved removing the rotors, I'm pretty sure it's in the wheel well. I visually inspected everything and it looks fine, so I was hoping to find a code telling me which sensor was causing the issues.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

It could be with one of the wheel speed sensors, since you just had the brakes apart, might have disturbed the link lead going to the wheel speed sensor??

Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBzXJ40
It could be with one of the wheel speed sensors, since you just had the brakes apart, might have disturbed the link lead going to the wheel speed sensor??
Likely, but I can't figure out which one. They all appear to be securely in place.