XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR Back Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts
Default XKR Back Box

Like others have in the past, I'm looking to upgrade my XK to the quad tips look and sound. I'm hoping someone here may have a complete XKR back box unit left over from an exhaust mod lying around that they'll wish to part with. It would be great if it were off a 07 to 09 MY but I'd entertain any 5.0L version as well (I think a shop could modify it to fit my 07).

So, if you've got one you'd be willing to part with please respond with your terms and location.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

I have a 2010 XKR back box that I'd give away, however, when I checked on shipping cross country for another forum member that was interested, it just didn't make sense. If you're interested, pm me and maybe you have a more reasonable shipper than fedex or ups.

The following users liked this post:
pwpacp (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
I have a 2010 XKR back box that I'd give away, however, when I checked on shipping cross country for another forum member that was interested, it just didn't make sense. If you're interested, pm me and maybe you have a more reasonable shipper than fedex or ups.
I would be honored to take care, custody and control of your back box if the offer still exists? I would be happy to pick up.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

will call you Tuesday ted.

best,

peter

The following users liked this post:
tberg (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts

Just finished installation of the back box. Wow, what a difference in sound! It has a deeper throaty growl which sounds like a proper Jag now. I've always thought the XK deserved quads vs dual pipes.

The hardest part was probably lifting the quad box back into place. I got around that by using a small foam cooler as a support (didn't have a lift just had it up on ramps in the back). The side hangers were a challenge but a little dish soap helped slide them off and then back on.

You're going to be blown away when yours is done too!

Old 01-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by pwpacp
Just finished installation of the back box. Wow, what a difference in sound! It has a deeper throaty growl which sounds like a proper Jag now. I've always thought the XK deserved quads vs dual pipes.
Congrats! I agree, it does sound purdy!
The hardest part was probably lifting the quad box back into place. I got around that by using a small foam cooler as a support (didn't have a lift just had it up on ramps in the back). The side hangers were a challenge but a little dish soap helped slide them off and then back on.
When I did mine, I also had it just up on ramps, so I used my floor jack with a short piece of 2x10 on top, and the back box balanced on top of that. Rolled it under the car, jacked it up to the right height, and reconnected the hangers (yeah, those side ones can be a bitch).
I had the done the reverse when I removed the old box, lifting it slightly to take the pressure off the hangers, and then just lowered it once disconnected, and rolled it out from under the car.
You're going to be blown away when yours is done too!
Oh yeah!