XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinder HP-905 installed (laser jammer / parking sensor)

Old 07-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Blinder HP-905 installed (laser jammer / parking sensor)

I just now had my new laser jammer / parking sensor installed. In some states, the jamming mode should only be used off-road. It can also perform as a laser detection unit only. I've used these things for about 15 years. They work perfectly. The newer models have a parking sensor built in so that you can avoid hitting low objects like parking curbs. This newest model, the Blinder HP-905, is less than half the size of previous units and is almost invisible on a 2000 Jaguar XKR.

In the photo, you'll see the high power ultra-violet light emitters at the top of the vertical black bumper posts.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Jeff, that looks very clean. I watched a youtube test on this product with radar Dan?
He tried about ten different laser guns on it, and this device jammed all of them.

What is the advantage of two sensors? More coverage I suppose.

How long did it take to install? Was it difficult? (I'm not very handy) What was the cost? Thanks for your response. Again, they look very cool, hard to see. Ed.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Professional install

I used to install these myself (on my work trucks, etc.), but with the Jag I opted to have a stereo crew do the install. They did a nice clean set up with the control box, speaker, and switch on the left side of the dash above the little drawer that opens up. They only charged me $60 for the install work! I bought the unit on eBay for $595. It's worth every penny, especially since I haven't gotten a laser ticket in 15 years. In Tucson that is now nearly the exclusive way for the police to measure speed... laser shot from a motorcycle hidden behind an obstruction. Other drivers slam on their brakes when they see the policeman, making it quite dangerous.

This is a link to the unit that I have in my car: HP-905 Compact Dual Sensor Laser Jammer by Blinder Xtreme | Blinder Xtreme- Official Home Page

I've learned over the years that you only need more than 2 heads if you install onto the front of a huge truck. I've never used the units facing rearward. Before this unit came out, I used to drive with my high beams on during the daytime, helping to prevent police laser from 'burning through' the UV blast. This new unit makes that unnecessary.