XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player Connection - How to disconnect?

Old 11-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts
Default CD Player Connection - How to disconnect?

Hi Guys,

For the first time my CD cartridge just will not come out. Yes, this has happened several times before, but it just took a few more presses of the blue eject button and all was OK. This one is in there for 4 days now.

Suspecting a falty switch, I have to admit I am tempted to short across the 2 solder joints I can feel underneath the switch itself, but truth is that's a little too crazy even for me.

I would like to disconnect the CD player's connection and see if that kind of a power cycle will fix things. It seemed a lot easier than writting down all my radio presets and recycling the battery connection until I gave it a try. How does that black cylindrical connection fasten together? I can't see any buttons, tried to rotate one side, nothing. If you've done this one, please let me know what you think. I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

Old 11-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnken
Hi Guys,

For the first time my CD cartridge just will not come out. Yes, this has happened several times before, but it just took a few more presses of the blue eject button and all was OK. This one is in there for 4 days now.

Suspecting a falty switch, I have to admit I am tempted to short across the 2 solder joints I can feel underneath the switch itself, but truth is that's a little too crazy even for me.

I would like to disconnect the CD player's connection and see if that kind of a power cycle will fix things. It seemed a lot easier than writting down all my radio presets and recycling the battery connection until I gave it a try. How does that black cylindrical connection fasten together? I can't see any buttons, tried to rotate one side, nothing. If you've done this one, please let me know what you think. I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
You simply pull hard to unlatch the round connector, but it takes a surprising amount of force to overcome the latch. A tiny squirt of silicone spray or WD-40 could help if it does not budge.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (11-22-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Received 7,861 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Sometimes you can just press and HOLD the eject button to cycle the CD player to remove the magazine.

I have never lost the station presets by disconnecting the battery on the later model (X100/X300 onward) Jaguar radios. Just the clock and ECM readiness (P1111).

You should not need a radio code if the unit is set to U.S. in setup mode.

bob gauff

Old 11-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Guys,

Thanks to you both! Bob I'll try the eject button again. Steve without your advice I'd never get that connection apart it is tight. Well that's my job #1 for today.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

To remove the cartridge 'mechanically', if all the CDs are inside the cartridge, push a thin metal strip - I use a 6 inch steel rule - into the centre of the very small gap under the cartridge itself and slide the strip forward until it releases the catch.

If one CD has jammed in the playing position, then,unfortunately this will not work!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member
Default Thanks question please

Thanks, I'll try that, but I'm confused about one thing. The CD's play and change without any problems, but here's the issue. As soon as you choose any CD to play, I can't think of any time when there will not be a CD extended into the play area. From looking at them, the last CD you chose seems to just sit there either ready to play or waiting for the next choice. If you think about it, as soon as you choose CD, the last CD number is always displayed. Is there something I'm not thinking of that will cause the CD to reseat into the cartridge? (hope I'm missing something easy).

Thanks,

Old 11-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Default 1 Correction and 1 validation of presets

Astromorg, I just re-read your response, you said "jammed", I then asked about CD's that were selected. Opps, they have nothing to do with each other. None of my CD's are jammed so it is moot. Sorry about the dumb question.

By the way, I want to acknowledge Bob's findings above - I recycled the battery power yesterday, sure enough I didn't lose any radio presets. I'll ponder that one another time - cool feature but who ever heard of a radio that retains presets with no battery power.