Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to buy the gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,343 Likes on 725 Posts
Default Do I need to buy the gasket?

I just got an email from SNG Barratt saying that they finally dispatched my order. (Interestingly enough they didn't give me a UPS tracking number.)

In that order I'm expecting the intake pipe, the part load breather tube, and both valley hoses.

I just found an autopart nearby that can get me parts fairly quickly for my car. To change the valley hoses and cleaning the intake manifold, is it recommended that I buy a new intake manifold gasket? Should I also get a new TB gasket?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,323 Likes on 735 Posts

Hi, I need to do this job in the future and have been checking out what is the best road to go. Ok , on the hoses, get the three way connector under the TB, plastic and breaks, that means a TB gasket. A good rule of thumb, if you take anything apart, clean and put a new gasket in there. Would you want to do this job again for a few bucks worth of gaskets, don't think so.
Good luck, Wayne

The following users liked this post:
giandanielxk8 (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cjd777
Hi, I need to do this job in the future and have been checking out what is the best road to go. Ok , on the hoses, get the three way connector under the TB, plastic and breaks, that means a TB gasket. A good rule of thumb, if you take anything apart, clean and put a new gasket in there. Would you want to do this job again for a few bucks worth of gaskets, don't think so.
Good luck, Wayne
I think you're talking about the octupus hose. I already did that one, but I'll keep it in mind.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

any gasket you are ganna take out, replace it.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member

If you are taking all of the intake stuff off you will need the two metal gaskets and the 8 rubber ones on the bottom side of the black plenum part of the intake. If you are leaving the two metal portions of the intake that the plenum is on bolted in place then you don't need the two metal ones. The 8 rubber ones JAG does not sell, call jagbits they can tell you the Range Rover gasket that is the same. 18 bucks a pop.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by giandanielxk8
I just got an email from SNG Barratt saying that they finally dispatched my order. (Interestingly enough they didn't give me a UPS tracking number.)

In that order I'm expecting the intake pipe, the part load breather tube, and both valley hoses.

I just found an autopart nearby that can get me parts fairly quickly for my car. To change the valley hoses and cleaning the intake manifold, is it recommended that I buy a new intake manifold gasket? Should I also get a new TB gasket?

Hope there wasn't too much of a delay! Tracking numbers are automatically sent out at the end of each day assuming we have your email address on file. Please free to contact me if you need any further assistance. William@SngBarratt.Com.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, the tracking number was sent about an hour or so ago.

If you are taking all of the intake stuff off you will need the two metal gaskets and the 8 rubber ones on the bottom side of the black plenum part of the intake. If you are leaving the two metal portions of the intake that the plenum is on bolted in place then you don't need the two metal ones. The 8 rubber ones JAG does not sell, call jagbits they can tell you the Range Rover gasket that is the same. 18 bucks a pop.
Could you provide me the part numbers for those. Also, uh, all I want to do is replace the valley hoses and clean that area as well as the intake manifold if possible. I actually don't know the procedure for this. Do I have to remove the two metal portions you described or is that optional?

Old 01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member

If you pull the black Plenum you will need to replace the 8 rubber seals that seal to the two other metal intake parts. if you leave those on you should not have to replace the metal gaskets under them.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

here is the 8 green replacement gaskets that go into bottom side of the plenum. Jag does not sell these, this is what I got per suggestion from Jagbits.

RANGE ROVER SPORT LR3 Part# 4526549 | eBay

Old 01-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member

You need to replace them, I would not reuse them, you could have air leaks after you put it back together. Make sure you torque all bolts to fact specs.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

I pulled my two metal portions of the intake also and dry ice blasted them clean. I just cleaned the plenum by hand make sure you are careful with it so you don't crack it.
If you are taking all of this apart it measn you are taking off the whole Throttle body?

Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

that is more gaskets, and more smaller heat hose related stuff you could replace. It never ends.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

on the pass side valley hose, that attaches to a tube, there is a small hose to the EGR, then one out of that EGR to the TB, then another from TB down to the plastic T on drivers side octopus connection.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

Now I'm confused.

All I want to do is replace the valley hoses and the part load breather hose. To do this I have to remove the intake manifold, right? Well, if I'm going to remove the manifold, I might as well clean that area as well.

What gasket do I have to change? If I don't remove the plenum, it's just 8 Land Rover gaskets at $19 a pop? Do I have to remove the throttle body for this?

Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member

as far as I know you HAVE to remove the black plenum. You can not remove the TWO valley hoses without doing so. To remove the plenum you must remove the TB. Unless someone can say otherwise, that was what my research told me to do so I did.
How many miles are on your car? Just replacing the valley hoses for preventive maint???
When you do the Valley hoses it adds much more work since you have to remove the TB and TB Elbow, which is more gaskets, then you may break the brake boost line that is a black plastic tube that has silver heat sheathing over it that comes out of pass strut tower directly into the TB/Elbow That tube passes through the TB where is is getting vacuum from. Well in the TB there is a oring that is ganna be dried up and shot, you will need to by a kit to redo that stuff. I the valley hose job is not as easy as you think.
The pass side valley hose connects to a tube, same tube the pass side octopus hose connects to, well on that tube, there is ANOTHER smaller hose that goes to the EGR, when I got down to that hose it was all BLOATED, leaking looking for a place to happen. So I replaced it.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

This is the thread on my trek of doing the valley. Note the first pics are not of my intake.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Sponsor
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Jagbits di dnot recommend this ebay listing

I would like to see the email where we Jagbits told you to buy Rover gaskets on Ebay...we would never recommend any body to buy anything on Ebay, but please do send me the email I sent i would love to see it!!!

Originally Posted by brgjag
here is the 8 green replacement gaskets that go into bottom side of the plenum. Jag does not sell these, this is what I got per suggestion from Jagbits.

RANGE ROVER SPORT LR3 Part# 4526549 | eBay

Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

I do not have it anymore but you all said that you don''t sell that green gasket, that jag does not either and was given the part # to buy it from Land Rover, but I found it on Ebay. So I may be mistaken on you telling me to get it off ebay, but you DID give me the part # and I get it off of Ebay. I forget who I was talking to via email but you guy and me went back and forth for several days getting all my hoses identified and ordered as some you at the time did not have them listed on your site. There was was a follow up email from someone at your place about the service I got which was good and I asked why all the hoses were not listed on the site but you had them. You all said it would take forever to load every part so you do it as we folks out here ask for them.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

I think I was dealing with a Dan or Don?

Quick Reply: Do I need to buy the gasket?