Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoses ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts
Default Hoses ordered

Well I have went ahead and ordered my octopus hose and the plastic connector that goes on it (one hose from it goes under intake to t-stat housing. It is leaking a little at the plastic connector and since the car has 95k on it I may as well replace the complete hose also. Looks like a knuckle buster of a job, I can hardly wait to do it. There is one odd connector on it, that goes to the plastic three way connector, how does that connector come apart?
I called two parts vendors here on the site for the parts, asked about the hose and one was totally confused and kept putting me on hold and could not confirm the hose worked on my car. I called the other place, he had the same hose, same part number and the seceded part # listed and he knew what he was doing, quick easy info given and off the phone in a few minutes.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 369 Likes on 228 Posts

You might consider removing the throttle body for easier access to the octopus hose location...I've heard it helps quite a bit. You'll need a new throttle body gasket, but they're not expensive.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

The TB does not appear to be much of an issue I would think. Removing the Expansion tank will. I could run to my local jag dealer, around the block, and get the seal just incase the TB needs to come off.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I just replaced my octopus hose & did remove the throttle body. As you can see by the pic, you have a lot more room to both remove the hose and then wrangle the new octopus hose back in place behind everything else that is in the way. It definitely made the job much easier and I highly recommend it.

As for the 3 way connector, when I tried to get the hoses off, it actually started to crumble in my hands. As you can see from the pic, the connector on top broke completely off. Mine is a 97 and the plastics in these early cars are now very brittle just because of age let alone the heat they have been exposed to. I think you will end up having to replace the 3 way connector. The new one looks very nice when it is installed.

Best of luck to you on your project.

Attached Thumbnails Hoses ordered-img_0608.jpg   Hoses ordered-img_0603.jpg   Hoses ordered-img_0606.jpg  

Last edited by bsprowls; 09-25-2014 at 05:39 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by bsprowls:
Jag#4 (09-25-2014), oyster (09-26-2014), sklimii (09-28-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Yea I ordered the plastic connector also. I think that is what is leaking on mine. I would think the TB is easy to get off on a 03?

Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

did you replace the valley hose from the plastic connector to the Tstat housing? Has any one? Is it hard?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:20 PM

I had previously replaced both valley hoses a few years ago. That was a whole separate job which involved removing the intake.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member

Well I am not ready to take off an intake. I looked at this heater hose setup. YES the TB has to come off. ha ha ha. Do I want to take this on, ha ha ha ha.
How do the little silver fasteners come off the hoses to the TB, I assume they are reusable if taken off correctly.
What is involved in pulling off the TB? Do I have to depressurize gas line or anything?
The way the hose is made, the way the appear to GLUE the hoses to the hoses, that crap holds up over time????
The hosing appears to go under wires and **** behind the TB, I guess I just need to take my time and make it a weekend project?

Old 09-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bsprowls
I just replaced my octopus hose & did remove the throttle body. As you can see by the pic, you have a lot more room to both remove the hose and then wrangle the new octopus hose back in place behind everything else that is in the way. It definitely made the job much easier and I highly recommend it.

As for the 3 way connector, when I tried to get the hoses off, it actually started to crumble in my hands. As you can see from the pic, the connector on top broke completely off. Mine is a 97 and the plastics in these early cars are now very brittle just because of age let alone the heat they have been exposed to. I think you will end up having to replace the 3 way connector. The new one looks very nice when it is installed.

Best of luck to you on your project.

On that back connector (not the facing to the front, not the one facing up, but the one facing to the back that the hose snaps into two prong like things), it is as simple as just snapping the new hose onto the connector? What is keeping the water pressure from just coming right out of it?
Then on the passenger since, that connector, my new hose, that end has a pitting with a green thing attached to it, does the green thing stay on, how does that fasten on???

Old 09-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Looks like we need a "how to" video for this, anyone?

Old 09-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

more confusion in that pic, ha ha ha.
The few lines that will have to come off the TB, they are held on my silver fasteners, how do they come off and go back on.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by brgjag
On that back connector (not the facing to the front, not the one facing up, but the one facing to the back that the hose snaps into two prong like things), it is as simple as just snapping the new hose onto the connector? What is keeping the water pressure from just coming right out of it?
Then on the passenger since, that connector, my new hose, that end has a pitting with a green thing attached to it, does the green thing stay on, how does that fasten on???
Yes it is just that simple. They just snap together. The attached pic shows the various connections.

As for the other side, the Norma push & seal type "R" connector with the green ring, take a look at this link:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...nector-102883/

Hope this helps!

Attached Thumbnails Hoses ordered-pic.gif  
Old 09-28-2014, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by brgjag
more confusion in that pic, ha ha ha.
The few lines that will have to come off the TB, they are held on my silver fasteners, how do they come off and go back on.
Are the silver fasteners on the TB cooling lines you are talking about like #2 in the attached pic? That is what mine were. These are spring bands and you can use pliers to squeeze together taking the tension off to release them. They make special pliers for this but I was able to use a small pair of RoboGrips.

Attached Thumbnails Hoses ordered-pic.gif  
Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

no, number 1. Appears they use them on smaller lines in the engine bay.
Thanks for the info bsprowls. The car is not needed so I plan to take my time taking it apart, I only want to do it once.
I assume the TB removal is pretty straight frwrd?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

While you are in there, take a close look at your injectors and fuel rails.

I had my octopus hose replaced because the engine was already that disassembled to replace cracked injectors and leaky fuel rails (no way to get them out without removing the supercharger).

When you're that deep in the engine, might as well take a close look at everything...

Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

Well I only had to take off the TB to get the heater hosing out. I am not doing the valley hoses at this time.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bsprowls
Yes it is just that simple. They just snap together. The attached pic shows the various connections.

As for the other side, the Norma push & seal type "R" connector with the green ring, take a look at this link:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...nector-102883/

Hope this helps!
Number 4 just pushes back onto the tube over on the pass side? There is a green ring on the end, just push it on till it snaps on past the raised lip on the tube, the green think stays on the hose end fitting?

Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

when you remove the octopus hose there is a black strap tie attached to something in the back of the motor, behind the TB. I did not see it at first and kept tugging at it, the hoses were not pulling through. Snapped off the tie and it came right out.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Well all is in and NO LEAKS thus far. What a job. Easy to put back in, took 15 min. ha ha
Appears the T that the reservoir and the one valley hose and TB connected to looked a little shaky. Perhaps one of the Octopus hoses we weak at that connector. Oh well all is done and no leaks.

The following users liked this post:
RJ237 (10-06-2014)
Old 10-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,323 Likes on 735 Posts

Well done, how long did it take and could you see that the hoses under the intake were OK??

Wayne

Quick Reply: Hoses ordered