Note : All transmitters being serviced must be available. If the learning process is carried out without
having all the transmitters present, all previous transmitter codes will be overwritten, rendering the missing
This means you must reprogram ALL transmitters, whether they were working before or not. If you don't,
Only the transmitters you program together will work.
Also, the headlight flasher is the turn signal arm. When you pull it back towards you, you flash the headlights. This is
commonly done to tell a driver in front of you that you intend to pass them.
1. Pull and hold headlight flasher back while performing step 2.
2. Turn ignition key to position 1 (DO not "start" the engine, only turn the key to position 1).
3. Now pull the headlight flasher and flash the headlights 4 times.
4. Alarm will enter programming mode. This will be confirmed by "beeps" from the alarm and flashing led on gearshift.
6. Program each transmitter (up to 5) by pressing the lock or unlock button on each transmitter once.
7. The alarm will "honk" when you press the transmitter button.
8. The alarm must honk 5 times to complete the programming. Therefore, if you are only programming one transmitter
you should operate the transmitter 5 times.
9. If you are programming two transmitters you will operate one transmitter twice, and three times on the other.
NOTE: For five transmitters you will operate each transmitter once.
2009 Aston Martin DBS, 2011 XJL Indigo/London Tan
2010 XKR (Sold), 07 XKR (Sold), 05 VDP (Sold), 02 XKR 100 (Sold), 1998 VDP (Sold), 1996 XJS (Sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to rscultho For This Useful Post:
Does the above procedure work for 2002 XK8 as well as other year models? My wife lost her keys including the keyless remote fob. Fobs seem to be readily available from various internet dealers (come with programing instructions) but we need a new key cut also. Does this key have a chip that must also be programed? Since I've now only got one key and one remote fob what's the best way to go? I'm sure the Jaguar dealer will want mega $$$ for a replacement key, fob & programing.
Last edited by FrogLick; 10-15-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Reason: Added m ore info.
Chipped key and the dealer are around $60-70 cut, programming extra usually 1hr labor charge or less. Call if you have a couple dealers, and you need all keys everytime programming is done. And no you can't backdoor keys. Although jaguar has said on some models/years you can insert a programmed master key and then an unprogrammed one. But some reason the ones you do this with come back later not programmed again so i just use the ids to do it now regardless
WORKING FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT EVERY DAY
1. Insert key into ignition
2. Turn the key to ''I"
3. Turn the key to "II" and back to ''I'' quickly 4 times
4. Alarm system should chime once when the key is back to ''I'' for the
5. Remove the key from the ignition
6. Press any button on each key fob and the alarm system will chime
for each fob if it has been programmed correctly
NOTE: Some models will require you to press all of the buttons simultaneously on key fob and the alarm system will chime.You will need to repeat this step for each key fob.
7. Press unlock/lock/boot release etc to make sure everything works
Pay particular attention to point 6, every fob you have must be programmed at the same time although you only need use one key in the ignition.
2001 Pre-production XKR 100
Wish i was an alcoholic,but its my car that seems to have a drink problem!!!