XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keyless entry programing

Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by amendoza98@yahoo.com
i have a 2005 s-type r jag and would like to know if anyone knows the procedure for programming the key module for this type of car.
all stypes have to be programmed with ids at the dealer, there is no way around it through a back door

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try the procedures given on my 2000 jag xj8. Thanks so very much. I will inform you on the result.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Resurrecting this one from a while ago...

When I got my car, it only had one key and one fob. I bought a new key, and then bought a remote fob off of eBay. The guy selling it advertised it as the right part number, but when I got it, it wasn't.

The original fob is: LJE2610-AB. The one I received was: XR83-15K601-AA.

Now they both have the same Canadian part number: 1788 102 354 and they also have the same FCC ID: CWTWB1U322

Now the dumb question: since they have the same Canadian part number and the same FCC ID, can they both be used on my XKR?

Thanks!

Dave

Old 09-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

Try programming it and see. The Jaguar part numbers have changed over the years so it might well work. Ask to have it exchanged if it doesn't work.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2004 XJ8 remote programming

Hi,
I've tried this process many times to no avail. It never goes into programming mode. I've also tried the "open boot" method. I've tried this with the driver door open and closed. Any ideas? I haven't had a key cut or programmed for the second remote so I'm using my one good remote to turn to key to position one. Do I have to have a new programmed key to do this with the new remote?

Dan

Originally Posted by rscultho
Note : All transmitters being serviced must be available. If the learning process is carried out without
having all the transmitters present, all previous transmitter codes will be overwritten, rendering the missing
transmitters inoperable.

This means you must reprogram ALL transmitters, whether they were working before or not. If you don't,
Only the transmitters you program together will work.

Also, the headlight flasher is the turn signal arm. When you pull it back towards you, you flash the headlights. This is
commonly done to tell a driver in front of you that you intend to pass them.

1. Pull and hold headlight flasher back while performing step 2.

2. Turn ignition key to position 1 (DO not "start" the engine, only turn the key to position 1).

3. Now pull the headlight flasher and flash the headlights 4 times.

4. Alarm will enter programming mode. This will be confirmed by "beeps" from the alarm and flashing led on gearshift.

6. Program each transmitter (up to 5) by pressing the lock or unlock button on each transmitter once.

7. The alarm will "honk" when you press the transmitter button.

8. The alarm must honk 5 times to complete the programming. Therefore, if you are only programming one transmitter
you should operate the transmitter 5 times.

9. If you are programming two transmitters you will operate one transmitter twice, and three times on the other.

NOTE: For five transmitters you will operate each transmitter once.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM

You didn't mention if this is a second Key Fob you are trying to program to match the original Fob.

If that is the case, all the numbers embossed on the back MUST match the numbers on the back of the original Fob.

Do they? It won't work if they are different.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Yes, this is a second key fob I'm trying to program to match my one and only original. The problem is I never even get into programming mode; I don't hear a chirp and my shifter light doesn't come on. The chirp is supposed to come from the trunk area, but it's kinda hard to hear cause the door is open and the dash is beeping.

As far as the numbers go, the FCC ID and CAN numbers are the same. The top number is the same except for the last letter:
1X43-15K601-AE (Original)
1X43-15K601-AD new

thanks,

Dan

Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi danimo. I programmed a fob for my '03 xkr. The last two digits on my fobs didn't match either, but it worked just fine. Only issue I found was I wasn't sure what position the key had to be in. I found mine needed to be in the accessorie position, the one just before engaging the starter. Once in that position, followed the instructions and it worked perfectly. Good luck. Hope this helps you.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Default " keyless entry programing" update

Thanks,
I thought the 1st position was ACC, 2nd was ON/RUN, 3rd was start. Anyway, what indication did you get when you got into the programming mode? A beep from the trunk, a light on the shifter? The driver door is open so the door chime is beeping the whole time as well.

I've also read where you can get into programming mode by the following, but it didn't work either:
1. Insert key into ignition
2. Turn the key to ''I"
3. Turn the key to "II" and back to ''I'' quickly 4 times
4. Alarm system should chime once when the key is back to ''I'' for the
4th time
5. Remove the key from the ignition
6. Press any button on each key fob and the alarm system will chime
for each fob if it has been programmed correctly

thanks,

Danimo

Originally Posted by Friarshuck
Hi danimo. I programmed a fob for my '03 xkr. The last two digits on my fobs didn't match either, but it worked just fine. Only issue I found was I wasn't sure what position the key had to be in. I found mine needed to be in the accessorie position, the one just before engaging the starter. Once in that position, followed the instructions and it worked perfectly. Good luck. Hope this helps you.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi danimo,
I got the red light on the shifter. Can't remember if my door was open or closed, but I know the trunk was not open. Once I got the red light, I touched one button on each of the fobs and that was it. done.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 PM

rscultho --

I just used the keyless programming sequence you provided, and it work perfectly. Thanks so much! My wife called the Jaguar dealer yesterday to find out how much it would cost to reprogram the keyless entry, and she was told

1. She needed to make an appointment.
2. Bring $65 with her.

So, thanks again for your help!

James

Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cant program fob

well i have a 2002 xkr and i unhooked the battery over the winter so just in case the rats got in they wouldnt wanna chew wires. well any how i hooked the battery back up replaced the fob battery and now i cant get it to program, ive tried the steps with the flash and key thing, i get the flash red light on gear shifter but no sounds after i press buttons on fob and i dont hear a beep when the light on shifter blinks can anybody help me. i did find that the rats did chew a wire anyway at the nav unit the big gray connector could that be the problem or am i just to stupid to figure it out

Old 11-03-2011, 02:19 PM

I have a 2004 XK8 just had a new key cut/programmed by the dealer. When they were done the old fob stopped working. Will it will operate once unlock/lock door or open trunk. You can put the key in the car and turn it on and then it will again do one operation. So if you lock the car with the fob you have to open with the key. Any ideas?

Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM

I tried this for my '97 xk8, it didn't work, is there another procedure????

Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So far not working on my 98 VDP following instructions to a T.

UPDATE: Done and working, was turning the key too far.

Last edited by ant17; 08-24-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:34 AM

Hey guys,

I also received a new fob from eBay with the new fcc # as some of you have listed. I tried the programming sequence as listed. Upon the 4th flashing of my high beams, I do hear a chime from the car, so I do seem to be entering programming mode. The alarm fob I received is in great condition, and I even replaced the battery Just incase. I tried both just hitting the arm or disarm buttons (including doing it 5 times), as well as the procedure whereby you depress all 4 buttons instead. After a bit, the same chirp sounds two times in succession, but I don't know if that's a failed programming signal or success. Well, the fob still won't work. I took possession of my 2000 XK8 about 2 months ago, but unfortunately only came with one black key and alarm fob, as well as 1 green key (valet key). Not two weeks later, I got the key and alarm fob stolen so I've been using the green valet key to operate. As you know, the valet key will not open the glove compartment or trunk once the valet button in the car is pressed. I don't know what my old FCC # on the original key fob reads as I don't have it anymore, therefore, I'm hoping this fob works, but it seemed to work for others on this forum.

Soooo, what I'd like to know is the following:

1. WCan I program the alarm fob using the green valet key? (Keep in mind that I do seem to be entering the programming mode just fine...).

2. I get a single chirp or beep after the 4 high beam flashes, therefore I gather that I am in programming mode, then after depressing the buttons on the fob, I get the same sound but 2 consecutively (and not right after I depress the alarm transmitter button or buttons, but a few seconds after). I did change the battery on the fob as well.

What am I missing here?? Can someone on the forum perhaps do me the favor of trying to program the alarm transmitter using the valet key (green), instead of the black key and see if it works?

Any help is appreciated... THANKS in advance!

Last edited by WillyWheels; 09-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM

Greetings,

First I have to share high praise for all the contributors here. Your efforts have proven invaluable to me.
Still having problems with my 2004 xj8 fob programming. I have 2 keys/fobs. Both keys work perfectly. I have used every instruction here numerous times to program the fobs to no avail.
Curiously after programming ...any button I push on the fob just makes the car beep 2 times. So I know there is communication between the fob and the cars system.
I have no local jag dealership( nearest one 140 miles north) but took it to a shop that is familiar with jags and services many older models. Manual in hand, he went through the factory programming sequence just as I did ( door open flashing the passing light 4 or 5 times) and acheived the same results...or lack of results and said it was something a dealership would have to help me with.

Any advice?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

mls,

You have the key turned far enough right? That was my issue.

The following users liked this post:
mls111 (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by joyroadboy
well i have a 2002 xkr and i unhooked the battery over the winter so just in case the rats got in they wouldnt wanna chew wires. well any how i hooked the battery back up replaced the fob battery and now i cant get it to program, ive tried the steps with the flash and key thing, i get the flash red light on gear shifter but no sounds after i press buttons on fob and i dont hear a beep when the light on shifter blinks can anybody help me. i did find that the rats did chew a wire anyway at the nav unit the big gray connector could that be the problem or am i just to stupid to figure it out
My symptons are exactly the same, I get the red light flashing but nothing after that no matter what buttons I press.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ant17
mls,

You have the key turned far enough right? That was my issue.
I think so...It clicks somewhat firmly into place . MLS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: keyless entry programing