XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats won’t motor after supercharger refit??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:40 AM
Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Seats won’t motor after supercharger refit??

Well, I had a coolant leak, small puddle on the garage floor each night. I saw a puddle under each valley heater hose so set to work stripping the throttle body, supercharger and hoses from the car. The car was left disassembled for 4 weeks til my return from offshore, I then set to work rebuilding the engine and flushing and refilling the coolant. On connecting the battery the car started fine. I took it out for a spin and all was well but I noticed I couldn’t move the seat backwards or forwards. When I got home I tried the passenger seat, it wouldn’t motor either. I checked all the fuses, no problems. I then thought the battery might be low so charged it overnight but still the same problem the next day. I then noticed that the lumber support was motoring on both seats but no forward/reverse, up/down. I tried wiggling the multiplug under both seats whilst operating the switches, still nothing. I was getting worried as I had read about seat module problems on the forum. I disconnected the multiplug and sprayed with contact cleaner that I had bought to clean the throttle body connectors, reconnected and HEY PRESTO, seat working fine. Did the same to the passenger seat and it is also now fine.
So Contact Cleaner, …If in doubt, spray it all about…..

Old 03-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

This is why I hate these cars in that LOVE/HATE thing with these for me anyways. Something working fine then the next moment it is dead. That connector you cleaned was working before the car sat then once you were back on the road it was not. WTH?? ha ha ha

Old 03-05-2015, 03:43 AM
Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by brgjag
This is why I hate these cars in that LOVE/HATE thing with these for me anyways. Something working fine then the next moment it is dead. That connector you cleaned was working before the car sat then once you were back on the road it was not. WTH?? ha ha ha
Yeah, it really threw me for a good while, thinking that somehow the wiring I had disturbed under the bonnet was somehow related to the seats... I knew this wasn't true but couldn't understand how both seats had exactly the same fault. The only item that was common was the disconnecting and reconnecting of the battery.... Still it's all working fine now and my dog Shadow is happy to return to his seat in the back 😁