XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Cruise Control - Control Module Failure

Old 08-02-2016, 05:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a further thought - does anyone know if there is any difference between a left hand drive and a right hand drive module??

Old 01-16-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ekki
Burt,

the new/used ACC-module I bought (for appr. $400) seems to work, well, somehow. At least I don't get any more (amber) warning messages. IDS still reports a communication failure but this might also be a 'software incompatibility'. The only (audible) difference I noticed was that the old module was constantly moving when I turned on the ignition. The replacement unit does not do that.
To be honest I am reluctant to check its function under driving condition. Who knows what's going to happen? Since I never use CC alas not ACC I'm not really missing it and I'm just happy that I got rid of the warning msg.

My take: a broken '1st generation' ACC-module is probably the worst thing which can happen to a Jaguar-owner. Almost no supply, besides there are no real experts for this out there.
Since (AFAIK) Jaguar no longer sells this as a spare part, the 3.4K 'repair' probably means a complete replacement/upgrade to a newer ACC, including new modules, etc.
If you don't want to spend this kind of money (I wouldn't) I would frequently look on Ebay, for-sale ads in forums, etc. Painful, maybe in vain.
Before I bought the new/used module I contacted these guys -
Welcome at ECU Repair Centre, your adres for repair of car electronics, like ABS, Cruise Control, Ignitions modules and many other ECU's
They told me that a repair would cost appr. €350 or €50 as a 'testing charge' if the are unable to repair it. If you are out of other ideas this could be worth a try.
Send me a PM if you need help.

Good luck!

Ekki
Do you still have the old unit ? If so, would you be interested in selling it ? I have a working unit with a damaged housing.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gdiamente
Do you still have the old unit ? If so, would you be interested in selling it ? I have a working unit with a damaged housing.

check battery back sounder and all fuses. Had a similar problem. Sounder was blowing fuse and it was in same circuit as adaptive cruisecontrol module. Fuse was under the bonnet and not listed in wiring as it's security system. Fuse was in fuse box though

Last edited by melhookv12; 01-17-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:59 AM
Default rephrase

Originally Posted by melhookv12
check battery back sounder and all fuses. Had a similar problem. Sounder was blowing fuse and it was in same circuit as adaptive cruisecontrol module. Fuse was under the bonnet and not listed in wiring as it's security system. Fuse was in fuse box though
I have a working adaptive cruise control module but the the outside is damaged I was wondering if you still had your old adaptive cruise control.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbsouthworth
Hi thxalot,
I've been quiet(!) but watching the thread as I have the same issue. This is great news. Looking forward to your report on the road test! My original module was a BA. When I bought the car, the guy had tried to fit a module BD (2nd hand) but it still didn't work. I got the error "radar level out of range" which BBA Reman could not fix, so I suspect the module was just faulty. BBA Reman said it was a mechanical fault! I would like to try fitting another so your news is encouraging... just need to get one at the right price!!
David.
Has someone tried to re-calibrate the module with IDS?

Old 01-19-2017, 03:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gdiamente
Still have it. Unfortunately the housing got somewhat bruised when I opened it for inspection. As we know by now these things are sealed, so there will almost always be some damage done.
I will send you some pics at the weekend via PM.

Ekki

Old 01-19-2017, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ekki
Still have it. Unfortunately the housing got somewhat bruised when I opened it for inspection. As we know by now these things are sealed, so there will almost always be some damage done.
I will send you some pics at the weekend via PM.

Ekki
I am looking forward to the pictures

Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 PM

I took the Adaptive cruise control apart and repaired all the bad solder joints cleaned everything real good then I had to fix a couple holes in the outer housing and seal it back shut . The one side has only one bolt hole but the hole was torn off. I reinstalled it on the Jag and it worked perfectly, then the side without the bolt hole dropped down . I will have to level it up now and i don't have access to a digital level , so I will have to buy one. I have the IDS/SSD I just need to buy a mongoose and digital level and I will fix the adaptive