XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light stays on in 2005 XKR Convertible.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airbag light stays on in 2005 XKR Convertible.

I've heard of gold plated connectors but I can't imagine they'd be using gold wire.

Did she have sheepskin seat covers installed? Those kind of seat covers usually do have straps that fasten under the seat and they may have grabbed a wire or two but I would think it would be an easy repair. Add in the fact that she now has a safety issue and I imagine Jaguar would want it fixed ASAP.

There are some very talented Jaguar technicians here that will probably give you an accurate answer.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

I would say the drivers seat harness is faulty. Very common problem. The seat cover is unlikely to have cause the problem.
I would remove the seat covers, and take it to the other dealer there. Houston has 2. Momentum and Park place? Anyway, take it to the other one and they will replace the harness. Just don't tell them anything. Only that your airbag light keeps coming on.
Them telling you that you have to replace the seat is complete BS. The harness is available.
Please don't direct them to this forum either.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

The bumper to bumper warranty covers EVERYTHING except, brakes, tires and .......thats it other than damage that is not warranty problem.

Definitly get the money back. That is BS if they charged for the injector cleaning and filter. That is actually down right fraudulant activity. There is a contract with the manufacturer that allows your parents to have their vehicle repaired at no cost to them for covered items. And the seat harnesses go bad all the time on the XK. Go to a different dealer if they are theiving. I would also call Jaguar and tell them what is going on charging for covered repairs and dealer tellign you there is no warranty on the car when there is. Sound like they just taking advantage of your folks.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
I would say the drivers seat harness is faulty. Very common problem. The seat cover is unlikely to have cause the problem.
I would remove the seat covers, and take it to the other dealer there. Houston has 2. Momentum and Park place? Anyway, take it to the other one and they will replace the harness. Just don't tell them anything. Only that your airbag light keeps coming on.
Them telling you that you have to replace the seat is complete BS. The harness is available.
Please don't direct them to this forum either.

Hope this helps.
How do you remove the driver's seat to get to the airbag connections?

Old 02-04-2014, 01:07 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Originally Posted by rflexible
You've posted in a thread that is almost six years old. Any reference to warranty implications or repairs under warranty is well out of time.

Better to start a new thread and explain what you need to do with the restraint system.

Graham

Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rflexible
4 bolts to get the driver seat out, drive the seat fully fwd and remove the back bolts and then all the way back to get the front bolts out.
This next bit is important.....disconnect the (-) from the battery and "wait" at least a cup of T..... long before you un-plug anything.
Turn the seat upside down and inspect the wiring and the case of the seat controller to make sure it's not been smashed of it's fixings. If all looks OK then it's likely to be the connector to the bolster air bag, connector is either adrift or needs working due to a poor connection.
There is a you tube video from SAM to show you how to tackle the seat skin. Do not use a DVM on the air bag system with the battery connected, it is a very sensitive bit of kit and will cost you dearly if you do. TS