Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...solved-158391/

Found it. It reminded me that there is an upper channel in the door, midway up, inside facing window, that support the travel of one of the regulator arms.

I am perplexed that yout window does not display cockeyed travel. If you think about it, impeding any one arm or channel movements will not impede the other (s), which would push one side up = cockeyed. Ah just thinking out loud to help you shoot the problem. If you do replace the regulator the link will help.

John

Old 01-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnken
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...solved-158391/

Found it. It reminded me that there is an upper channel in the door, midway up, inside facing window, that support the travel of one of the regulator arms.

I am perplexed that yout window does not display cockeyed travel. If you think about it, impeding any one arm or channel movements will not impede the other (s), which would push one side up = cockeyed. Ah just thinking out loud to help you shoot the problem. If you do replace the regulator the link will help.

John
Yes im able to take readings front the source side of the connector I get about 0v when not activated and when activated I get 13v. So I've been unable to isolate the problem to this area.

Window travel I'd degraded when going down. Slow to get started but picks up speed. Going up hardly any movement without my assistance. I have to grab the edge of the glass and pull up. With that said I did clean the mechanism and guide rails. The window guide was easy to clean. The rails in the door were much harder. There is also that Middle rail that guide the arms. I was suspect on the plastic guides. One of them was chipped where the arm attaches and the clip holds it in place. I don't notice any problems in this area. When I activate the motor. I do see a slightly Cockeye travel at the beginning of the movement. And I can manually move the window from front to back. I compared to the pass side and it's identical. If there was something causing too much friction in the inner door guide rails. How would I go about cleaning those. The rails closest to the latch is easier to get to the one close to the hinge is difficult. I can only get to the bottom half. I have ordered a new set of plastic guides. So I'll wait on those then resume the troubleshooting.

I'm still baffled about manually testing the motor. I haven't gotten it to move with direct connection to the motor.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 775 Likes on 466 Posts

In the photo John had of the connector on the motor. Use the upper right and lower right to power the motor. Reverse polarity to move the motor in opposite direction.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BobRoy
On my 99xk8 my window stopped working complerely. All I could hear was a clicking sound when I used the wondow switch. I replaced the motor tried a different switch and used a different door module. Same thing it didn't work.

It turned out to be that the ground connection between the door harness and the car body near the door hinges. It was corroded a little.
It might be worth a try to disconnect the connector and the reinstalling it. It doesn't cost anything and doesn't take much time.
I finally got this issue resolved. it was a bad drivers door wire harness. I was able to pick one up for cheap (Under $30) on eBay. it was my last ditch effort to try to isolate the problem after replacing just about everything else. I'm not exactly sure where the issue lies within the harness. I suspect somewhere between the connector between the door and the body and the actual door control module. Im hoping this will help someone else with the same issue I had.

Last edited by DrkNyte; 07-29-2017 at 02:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Norri (07-29-2017)