Old 12-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=jobagadonuts;1580770]

First sign something was wrong...

Ruined with less than 5000 miles

!!!
My experience with Motorcars, LTD
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Them black polyurethane shock mounts are junk. It should be noted ALL over this sight!! Sure if enough of us got together that we could start a class action lawsuit against them.
I myself hate buying tires let alone doing work twice all because of a inferior product sold to me the first time around. Yet praised by so many here lol. Yeah right! Good luck with it jobagadonut.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,273 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Keep in mind that there have been no reports of the Welsh Enterprises poly shock mount kits suffering from this degradation (as of yet, anyway). So don't throw all of these poly kits into the same crappy category....

Again, have you contacted Motorcars LTD, shown them your evidence, and asked for help? If not, why not?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

Real polyurethane doesn't "melt" or liquefy like that. Those are made of something else.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Ungn
Real polyurethane doesn't "melt" or liquefy like that. Those are made of something else.

Chinese honey????

Old 12-07-2016, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jon89
Keep in mind that there have been no reports of the Welsh Enterprises poly shock mount kits suffering from this degradation (as of yet, anyway). So don't throw all of these poly kits into the same crappy category....

Again, have you contacted Motorcars LTD, shown them your evidence, and asked for help? If not, why not?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I myself had contacted LTD long ago. They had said that they will only replace the parts with same parts during the first year. This Jag only gets driven about 1,200 miles per year so its not a worn out parts issue. Looking back I'am grateful LTD offered nothing. The ride was much to hard. I will not buy from them again and will leave it at that. Word of mouth goes along way when ones in business for himself.

Hope that Welsh Enterprise had not unknowingly bought out defective mounts from LTD? Ken knowing that his mounts are pure junk and that everyone with a Ford/Jag reads this stuff would most likely unload them on someone. Ken seems like that kind of special.. Damn sure is not one caring for repeat business. Notice how Ken with LTD had said nothing at all to stand behind his product lol. They get quiet real fast when they know that they are in the wrong. Damn good thing as to yet know one was hurt or killed by his defective mounts. With that in mind I stayed away from any black poly style mounts.

The ride from the yellow mounts I bought from a Ebay seller are like driving a new Jag. all over again. Will they last?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Received 562 Likes on 269 Posts

Hemitwist, sorry for your BAD experience with these Poly Mounts? I tend to agree with Jon89 as our Welsh Poly Mounts have performed well (1 yr.) and were all we expected.
Just completed replacement of the sway bar bushings (Front & Rear w/Rear End Links) plus the Steering Rack bushings with rubber. The ride is not harsh and better than with the older hard bushings. The old bushings were hard and worn. Ready for next Spring?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

I got new 13" brakes/spindles I'm going to install over the holidays. I'll pull out my one year old welsh mounts and look at them close to see how they are holding up.

They seem to be holding up fine.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ungn:
grantorino62 (12-07-2016), kstevusa (12-07-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ungn
I got new 13" brakes/spindles I'm going to install over the holidays. I'll pull out my one year old welsh mounts and look at them close to see how they are holding up.

They seem to be holding up fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great idea. My LTD mounts may had lasted a couple years before breaking down. Not sure just at what point they had started to fail. Wife drives the car. I road with her one time and over small bumps in the road I had heard CLUNK CLUNK. I asked how long had it been doing this? She said it must be my extra weight in the car that it had never done that with her.. I had just worked on the front end not two years prior so one of my last thoughts was the upper shock mounts. Put it on my lift a few weeks after and gave it a oil change and greased anything with a grease fitting and looked it over. I must had failed to really inspect the upper shock mounts at that time. My quick fix was stay the hell out of the car. Asked wife to let me know if the clunks ever starts with just her in the car. Then one day wife pulls up and I see what I had thought was tar down the drivers side of the car. Asked the wife what new road had she driven on? She said none. That's when I got closer and looked in the wheel well and thought holy ****! This was a couple years after I had first heard the clunk sound in the front end. The drivers side broke down at a faster rate for what ever reason? Drivers weight has a factor on a bad mix? So if a bad mix was the case its just a coin toss as to when they start to fail.